Chapter - 1

Valencia's P.O.V

"What is wrong with you Valencia?" Jason asked furiously.

Jason Robert, my assistant plus best friend was the one and only person in this world who can snap at me like that because no one else can get through after using that tone to me. After all, I am Valencia Rose Williams, the exclusive heiress of Williams Group of Companies, one of the best business group in the world. "One of the best" and...I won't stop till I take it to no. 1 position and I am just one step away.

"What now Jase? I have told you so many times not to disturb me when I am working." I replied irritatingly.

"This has been the third time in last half an hour that I have asked Grace to make you a new coffee. You ask for it and then forget to drink." he said.

"So what? That's what I pay her for. If she can't even do that then ask her to leave. I don't have time for her tantrums." I tell my assistant.

Jason sighed and than sat in front of me. "Listen Rose I know something's going on which you are not telling me. You are going through the same file for last 45 minutes and..." he peeped in the file and continued "same page as well. I guess it's time for you to take some rest. Go on a trip or something. Have fun. Stop beating yourself up with so much work."

I sighed and looked at the person sitting in front of me who had looked after me since I can't even remember.
Jason was right. I was working my ass off but what he didn't knew was why. I had worked hard till now to make this company the best in the world and I am not going to take any vacation till I achieve that.

"Jase..I am fine, I don't need any vacation."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't. End of discussion, now please don't disturb me." I snapped at him.

"Fine" he murmured and started to exit my office.

"Jase..stop.." I called after him feeling a bit guilty for being rude to my best friend. "Okay fine."

"Fine? So you will go on a trip? Oh my god Rose...ok so I have so many plans...first..we will go to Vegas...than.."

"No Jase...I am not going to any vacation." I interrupted his blabbering.

"But you just said..."he looked at me with puppy face.

"I didn't said anything. You didn't let me complete. I was about to say-'fine, we can take the day off and go to some place for lunch.'" I replied him.

He just grumbled in response making me chuckle.
Jason is the only person who sees this side of me now. He supported me in my worst times, I don't even know what would I do without him.

I was just wrapping up my work when someone knocked on my door.
I asked the person to come in. It was Grace, Jason's assistant. I know you must be thinking why he needs assistant. Well, she was just hired for minor works like making my coffee or arranging my shelf. When I met her first time, she was vulnerable. She just lost her mother then, who was her only parent and hasn't completed her education to get a well paid job, so I hired her to make it easy for her to continue her studies and to take off some load from Jason's shoulders who never complained about the workload I put on him but I knew better.

"Yes Grace?" Jase asked.
She looked at him and blushed than turned to face me.

"Ma'am, your coffee is ready." She said.

"Well, we were just leaving so I don't think I need one. And by the way as I am leaving so you can also head back home, there is no more work for you today."