Casa De Hedeman

*The night of the TEAM SLAM meeting*
I hear the door bell ring and holler out come on in since my hands are covered in marinade from the chicken and steak I'm working on. I hear someone laugh and quickly turn my head and smile at the person laughing. Pistol Robinson walks over to me and hugs me and kisses the top of my head. I hear him mumble a love you little sis before I see Kelsey out of the corner of my eye. I grin at her and she laughs. I love these two more than they will ever know. Pistol looks at me and says, "I assume I'm grilling for you?"
I nod my head at him.
He shakes his head and says, "So is the boyfriend going to be here? Im ready to meet him." As he says this he pops his knuckles. I groan and look at Kelsey for help.
She puts her hand on his bicep and says, "Let's not scare the boy. Our girl is actually dating for once and we don't want to ruin that now do we?"
I hear him mumble a no and I can't help but smile. I love their relationship and hope to one day have that with someone maybe even with Cody.
I look at Kelsey and quickly ask her to finish cutting up some vegetables for me so Pistol can grill them. As I'm asking this I watch Pistol reach over and grab one of the cookies out of the container. I give him an evil look and I'm about to say something when he quickly shoves the whole cookie in his mouth. I bust out laugh as Kelsey turns to look at us then shake her head.
Pistol smiles then says, "So when is the boyfriend going to be here?"
I groan and inform him that Cody is coming a little bit earlier than everyone one.
Kelsey quickly tells Pistol to be nice when he gets here. I nod my head then go back to fixing the steaks and chicken.
About 30 minutes later I hear the front door open and laughing. I smile because I know instantly who it is. Cody walks in and wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head as I finish putting the seasoning on the fries. I give him a look and he smiles at me. He pulls my face up so we can kiss then mumbles about me tasting sweet. Kelsey starts laughing and informs him that we've been sneakily eating icing when Pistol wasn't around. I stop what I'm doing and say, "Code, this is Kelsey Robinson. She's the wife of Pistol Robinson and one of my closest friends. She's one of the girls that is like a sister I never got! Kels, this is Cody Heffernan. The poor guy I'm dating and reigning Australian bull riding champion."
Kelsey smiles and says, "It's nice to finally meet you. Our girl talks about you a lot."
I give Kelsey an evil look before I look at Cody.
Cody smiles and says, "She talks about you two all the time. At one point in time, I felt like I knew you two personally."
I roll my eyes and quickly tell him that Pistol is going to want to play 20 questions with him.
Kelsey laughs and says, "That will be after he threatens you. He loves Star far too much to not threaten you."
I mumble, "Over protective big brother."
Kelsey says, "He may be over protective, Star but he does it because he loves you. He doesn't want you hurt. Plus your the little sister he never had. You have to remember what he first told me when we started dating."
I start laughing and Cody raises an eyebrow at us.
"He informed Kelsey that there were two girls that came before her. His older sister and his baby sister. Then he explained how we're not kin but he thinks of me as his baby sister." I tell Cody. He nods his head at us and pulls me closer to him and whispers, "Not sure how I feel about being threatened by my girl's older brother. Your younger ones took care of that. Plus a lot of the guys threatened me."
I laugh and catch Kelsey sliding her phone back in her pocket. I give her a look and she smiles at me.
The door opens and I hear Ty yell honey I'm home. Cody shakes his head and laughs.
When Jayd and Ty walk into the kitchen, Cody asks, "So Ty something you haven't told Jayd and me?"
I start laughing as Ty walks over to us and pulls me away from Cody and pushes my face into his chest and says, "I just love her oh so much. It had to come out."
I push myself away from him while laughing and pop him on the arm. I walk over to Jayd and hug her.
Ty says, "Come on Cody. Let's go outside and leave the girls to do whatever their going to do."
"Ty-Ty, Pistol is outside and hasn't meet Cody yet so be the peace keeper please." I say to him.
He grins and says, "Gotcha sweet-cheeks." I roll my eyes as they go outside.
Jayd looks at me and says, "So big brother is finally getting to meet the boyfriend. I think I may step outside just to see how this goes."
I rolls my eyes and say, "Really, Jayd? I think Code can handle himself. I'm just worried what Pistol may ask. You know how he gets around the guy I'm dating."
Kelsey says, "Yeah. Like 50 times more over protective than what he already is. Cody will be fine though and Pistol knows he's suppose to behave."
Jayd and I look at each other and start laughing. Kelsey rolls her eyes at us.
We finish getting everything ready and go out onto the back porch with everyone.

Lane looks at Cody and says, "Your in for it tonight. Star will be in her element and you'll get to watch her work her magic."
I raise an eyebrow at Lane and start snickering.
Cody nods his head then whispers to me, "So what does that mean?"
"I may walk on the table, play bartender, look cute. You know the usual." I tell him.
He starts laughing at me and I stick my tongue out at him.

*Later that night*!
I walk away from the bar and head to the table where everyone is sitting at. Pistol has finished grilling so now it's time to eat. I make it to the table and kick my flip flops off then climb on top of it. I smile at everyone and hold up the champagne bottle that way everyone knows I'm about to make a speech.
"I just want to thank everyone here tonight. Y'all are so much more to us than just friends, y'all are family. I wouldn't be here today without the help of some on y'all. As always, remember that Casa De Hedeman is y'alls just as much as it is mine. So let's get to eating and having a good time!"
I shake the champagne bottle and quickly open it. I sit it down in the middle of the table and go to get off the table top. I look around the table and see everyone smiling and laughing. It warms my heart to have this crew here and spend the night with them all. Cody reaches over and grabs my hand and squeezes it. I smile and think to myself I'm happy with this life. I love the people in it. I love what I'm doing with my career and I love how I'm living my life. I don't think anything could change it either...