49. Promposals and Pizza

Maya's POV

Getting back to reality after my amazing weekend with Josh is much harder than I could've even imagined. Not to mention that after dating me for six months girls were starting to change their opinion on my boyfriend. He was no longer just someone girls looked to for a random hookup but instead prime dating material. Girls seemed to come out of the woodwork at every turn. I'm sitting in the library with him like I do every day, working on my math homework when I look up and see a girl staring at him. I sigh, attempting to focus my attention on the equations in front of me but the way she was undressing him with her eyes was making me uncomfortable. "Stop staring" Josh whispers causing me to look across the table at him.

"Tell her" I snip making him chuckle as he reaches across the table for my hand.

"Sweetheart she's not you" he reminds me softly. "Relax" he insists, rubbing his thumb over my hand. I look down at our intertwined hands and allow some of my anger to dissipate.

"I wouldn't be so irritated if she would stop undressing you with her eyes" I reply softly causing him to chuckle, a smirk pulling at his lips as he looks up from his homework to my eyes.

"There's no need to be irritated" he smirks. "You're the only one who actually gets to undress me so why let it bother you?" A blush rises on my cheeks at his words and I avert my eyes back to my homework.

"I have homework to finish."

"Mhm" he replies, an amused tinge to his voice. I ignore him for the rest of the class period, knowing it was the only way to keep my focus. When the bell rings I gather my books before clasping my hand in Josh's and walking off down the hallway. "Are you coming over tonight?" he asks curiously. It was Friday night and the Matthews residence was usually where I ended up.

"Probably" I shrug as we wander over to my locker. "Are Cory and Topanga gonna be home?" I ask as Lucas and Riley walk over to us.

"Have you heard?" Riley exclaims, practically bubbling over with excitement making me chuckle.

"Heard what?" I question, sharing a confused look with my boyfriend while grabbing the things I needed for my last few classes of the day.

"The first promposal of the season" she gushes. "It was super cute. The boy came in pretending to hand out detention slips and he gave one to his girlfriend only it said prom on it" she exclaims.

"Did she say yes?" Josh questions making Riley give him an unamused glare for interrupting her story. I stifle a laugh as I shut my locker and lean against it.

"If you had a little patience" she scoffs. "I was getting there" she adds, throwing her hair over her shoulder. "Of course she said yes. I'm pretty sure she almost cried" she says making me laugh. She cuts me a glare that's quick to shut me up. "What's so funny?" she demands. I simply shrug.

"Seems a little much" I admit. "It's a promposal, not a marriage proposal. I'd be happy with something low-key and intimate."

"What?" Riley exclaims making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know" I shrug. "I don't get the whole over the top promposal thing. It's just a dance." I shake my head as the bell rings, signaling it's time for us to head off to lunch. "Who's ready to eat?"

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

Prom. I hadn't thought much about it because at the beginning of the year the only reason I would have even thought about attending the dance would be to find some girl to take up to a hotel room for a good time. I look at Maya who's been quiet since her spat with Riley and place my hand on her thigh, squeezing it causing her to look up at me through her long lashes. "You okay?" I whisper, leaning down to leave a soft kiss under her ear.