Connected

They were expressionless yet twisted with agony. Fluid ran down their large jaws, creating a glossy furnish. The fragrance worsened to a putrid foggy cloud. Be it these things represented so much death and perish, they couldn't be more alive. Inside was something alive and strong, with a purpose—

"Fun night?" Peter's officious voice.        

You took in your real surroundings this time. You were still on stage but no longer restrained. Peter had removed the links. A needle sensation of returning blood violated your arms. 

"The best thing about this is that...Now you can see what I see." he asserted grimly while making you stare at the immobile Freddy one last time.

The bear and his band were completely normal, certainly nothing you saw the night before. 

You allowed Peter to physically manipulate you while your body eventually woke up and stood on its own. You drowned out his callous mockery while staring at the bear before the both of you.

You remembered how irritated and glassy Freddy's eye were, how real they looked. The image would never fade. With your psyche broken like a bunch of corrupted files, you realized how "connected" you suddenly were with this robot.

You and what was supposed to be inanimate objects now seemed to have some sort of vehement understanding for each other. 

They were all controlled by Him. Whatever he wanted from them he'd make happen. He had full control, over all of you. You were no different than one of these performing machines on stage. Machine or flesh, you were connected. Like a true puppet ... and Peter pulled the strings.  

               So, why weren't you doing anything about it?

Easier said than done.

               You just couldn't.

You felt like you belonged and didn't want to leave. Every event that's happened here gained a significance over your old life and erased its worth in trying to recover. It'd be like ripping out a vital organ. It was all a part of you.

"I sure slept good last night. What about you?" Peter teased. 

You ripped off your mask, snapping one of its straps. You threw it aside and shoved Him away.

"Aww, you're upset." he patronized.

He always enjoyed toying with your mood. No matter how angry you got he'd win in every situation. Of course you thought about striking him, just to placate some irritation, but that'd just make everything much worse. 

You could hit, so could he, and your damage was nothing compared to what he could do. This was easily forgettable when blinded by anger, but that look in his eyes was enough to clear your sense;

               "𝕲𝖔 𝖆𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉, 𝕻𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖙. 𝕳𝖎𝖙. 𝖄𝖔𝖚'𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖋𝖔𝖑𝖉. 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖉𝖔 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕴 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖕𝖚𝖙 𝖊𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖎𝖙."

It was always better to walk away unscathed.

"Fucking right I am." you leapt off stage.

With your body gross from a major sweat fest hours ago, there was only one priority. The Room was shut off, leaving you with only the bathroom.