Chapter 16

Maurice

It's been two weeks and shit getting real. The FEDS taking everybody to jail. I had to move or change all my trap houses in three days. That was the hardest thing to do. Especially since we got a snitch in the crew. I've been watching all my workers closely.

I don't miss a thing. Shay been on my ass about coming here and shit hot, but there is money to be made. I'm not stopping 'til I'm dead or something changes.

I had to meet up with Shay dad and talk business with him.

"What's good old man?"

"Shit young blood. I hear you having problems." I nodded.

"If it ain't one thing it's another. The FEDS been bussin traps left and right. I had to move all my shit elsewhere. With Shayla being sick and pregnant putting a lot on me. I can't leave and they out here if I get locked up. That's my family and I'm supposed to take care of them not the other way around. It's my job as a man to provide and protect my family." He nodded in understanding.

"I hear ya young blood, but sometimes that's not how it goes. I'll make some calls to see what I can find out. And make sure you have your lawyer on speed dial - just in case." I nodded. We discussed a few more things, then I left to go home to my two babies.

I was driving down the highway when I seen police lights behind me. FUCK. I pulled over I put my gun in a compartment under the mat on the floor.

"Yes office?"

"You know you were going 80 in a 60 mph zone?" I shook my head.

"No I didn't officer." I wish he make this fast.

"License and registration." I reached over to give him my shit. This can't be happening right now. Dumb ass police. I handed them to him.

I heard someone say something over the police radio.

"I'll be right back." I nodded and watched him walk away. He knocked back on the window.

"I'm going to need you to step out of the vehicle."

"Why?" This shit can't be happening right now.

"Get out of the vehicle sir." He said. I unlocked the doors. He stepped back and stepped out of the car.

"Step aside. Place your hands on the hood." I did as told. He started to pat me down. Luckily, I didn't have anything on me or in the car. After he was done searching me he walked toward the car.

He started to search my car. What the fuck is going on? I watched as he searched the car.

"Well what do we have here?" He had a small black bag in his hands. Ugh a setup! REALLY?!

"That's not mine and you know it."

"I know no such thing. I found it in the back trunk of your vehicle." He said with a smirk.

I'm fucked!

"This bullshit and you know it."

"Sir, if you do not calm down, I will be forced to apprend you. You already have a warrant for your arrest. So that means you going downtown buddy."

"Fuck that. That shit ain't mine man! And I don't have a fucking warrant I didn't do shit!" He placed the bag on the ground and unzipped it. I looked down. It had about 6 kilos and weed in it. He looked up at me.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you." He said placing cuffs on me tight as hell. I shook my head. He placed me inside the car. This can't be happening.

I'm bout to go to jail for shit that ain't mine. The drive downtown was long. I never felt like this drive would be so long. And a warrant. A warrant for what? This has a rat written all over it. Shayla. I can't leave her out here to raise our child by herself. Even if she has the gang Maria and her dad.

I'm so fucked.