The Party 2

I'm okay, sorry for now replying —S

I clicked send , hoping he wouldn't be angry with me.

"Stella go ready, the party starts in like  half an hour."Emily said pointing at her watch.

"I'm going, you weren't this excited when I had to attend the concert you know."I pointed out.

"Not that it matters now because you said you're over Josh, right?"she asked with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Right."I confirmed.

Even if I still had feelings for Josh , it didn't matter because he turned out to be a jerk, not the guy I used to see on television , not the sweet , caring singer that  I had fallen for.

Resting my phone on the table I headed for the shower, a party was exactly what I needed to get my mind off him...........

"What do you think?"Emily asked posing in front of me so that I would get a good look at her outfit.

She was wearing a short black  strapless dress, with black heels and matching earrings, her hair was tied back in a ponytail and she looked spectacular.

" Wow."was all I managed to say.

"A wow as in I look good?"she asked unsure.

"Yes Emily, you always look beautiful."

"Thanks Stell you look beautiful also."she complimented.

Which I knew she  only said out of kindness.

There was no way I was looking beautiful, first of all I wasn't dressed for a party, I wore normal jeans and a top.

Don't get me wrong, I liked to dress up ,on special occasions, when I wanted to impress someone but in this case I was just going to a party to clear my mind, have some fun, get a date for my sister.

"We're all set, let's go."She said with excitement.

I was glad to see her this happy, but she kept thinking that she wasn't beautiful and I wanted her to see just how beautiful she was, any guy would want her if only she would give them a chance.

It was not long before we arrived at the party.

"There is so much people here."Emily said sounding nervous.

One thing I knew about my sister was that she never really liked to be in crowds, she was more of the indoor type of person, which made me wonder, why did she finally want to come to a party?

"Yeah there is, are you sure you want to be here?"I asked knowing she must be feeling uncomfortable.

" I'm sure."

I wasn't convinced but I didn't ask again, this would be a good experience for her, I just hoped she picked the right guy, you didn't really find good guys at these type of parties, the men here were usually only interesting in one night only.

"I'm going to get a drink okay, I'll be right back."I said walking towards the bar.

I hoped they had nonalcoholic drinks because I never had alcohol before and I was pretty sure Emily didn't either.

Taking a seat on the stool I asked for nonalcoholic wine, wine was something both my sister and I enjoyed, probably because we both liked grapes so much.

"I see you're enjoying yourself."

I froze on my seat, I would know that voice anywhere...Josh.

I slowly turned around, forcing a smile on my face, his eyes narrowed as he stared back at me angrily.

"Hi."I managed to say nervously.

"Is this what you've been up to that you didn't have the time to answer my calls?"he said roughly.

He looked really angry and not to mention hot!

His hair was in a mess,  his shirt unbuttoned at the top and the way he was staring down at me made me want to run in a room and hide, afraid that I would melt by just his heated stare alone.

"Here's your drinks miss."

I turned and took the glass from the bartender , taking a big sip, hoping it would ease my nerves or take my mind of the hot celebrity next to me .

"Two glasses of wine? Who did you come here with?" he asked suspiciously.

"None of your business."I snapped.

He stepped closer to me, his breath fanning my cheeks.

"I said whom did you come with?"he repeated.

Did he always have to be this way?

"Do you always have to be such a je .."

"Crap."he said cutting me off.

"What?"I asked , he was looking around frantically as if he needed to escape.

"We need to get out of here now."He said grabbing my hand.

"We can't , I came here with my sister."I scoffed pulling my hand out of his strong grip.

What was his problem?This was the first time I've ever seen him so anxious.

I watched as he ran his fingers through his hair, he seemed deep in thought, something was definitely bothering him.

"Josh?Is that you?"came an annoying female's voice.

My eyes followed where Josh was staring at and then I understood.

Salene Star!

She was even more beautiful in real than she looked on television, I felt a pang of jealousy, no wonder Josh loved her so much.

I studied the expression on his face, trying to figure out what he was thinking, I could tell he wasn't too happy but at the same time it was clear that he still had feelings for her.

"Salene , what a pleasure it is to see you here."he replied in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm really glad to see you again after all this time."She said smiling, at least she looked happy.

"Darling, here is your drink."

I watched on with excitement as Ross Lloyd, the famous actor came to stand next to Salene   , this was getting better and better, I felt like I was watching one of those shows on television!

"Thanks sweetie , Ross this is my ex Josh, Josh this is my boyfriend Ross."she said introducing them both.

I can't believe she just did that!This little charade she was putting on here made me dislike her even more.

I felt Josh stiffen besides me, I was sure that introduction hit a nerve.

"Its nice to see you have moved on."Josh replied calmly.

"Why haven't you moved on though?"she asked , it was pretty obvious that she asked that question just to see if he was in a relationship.

Josh smiled that mischievous smile that I've grown to like these past days, I was sure he was up to something.

But what?I was afraid to find out.

"Why do you think I haven't moved on?"he smirked.

"Well I don't see you here with anyone."She said dryly.

Its only when Josh's arms wrapped around my waist did I realise what he was up to.

However it was too late to react.

"But you see , I did come with someone.Salene meet  my girlfriend Stella."