Double Date

"Sooooo, what was all that about?"Emily asked with a grin on her face.We were on the elevator going up to our room.Both of us had been quiet the entire time but as usual she chose to break the silence.

"All what?"I answered her question with a question of my own, pretending I didn't know what she was speaking off , when I very well knew it was the heated kiss that Josh and I had shared just a few minutes ago that she was asking about.I didn't want to remember it, my skin still burned from where he touched me and my body hadn't fully recovered from the pleasures he had given me just yet.How could one kiss leave you so speechless and vulnerable?

Unfortunately almost everyone had been a witness to him kissing me and it hurt me alot to know that he just did it to make his ex-girlfriend jealous.The last thing I wanted to do right now was talk about it with my sister, what was I to say?

That I enjoyed the kiss more than I should, that I had no control of my feelings when it came to Josh, a famous singer who was in love with someone else who didn't care for him whatsoever.

Though I was sure I didn't have to say anything to her since she already knew off all that was taking place.

"You know what I'm talking about Stella."she replied sounding annoyed.

"I don't want to talk about it."I complained walking out of the elevator .I felt her hands grab my shoulders as she pulled me to a stop, studying me for a second before speaking again.

"Stella, I know that it hasn't been easy for you but don't block me out, I'm your sister and I'll always be there for you."she whispered.Her voice was soft, but there was no mistaking that she was serious.

I looked at her and a smile finally tugged at my lips.

"I'm sorry for acting that way Em, and well the kiss was just another one of Josh's plan to get Salene jealous, nothing else."

Emily looked taken aback a little before her eyes hardened in anger.She looked like she could hit something.

"That jerk!You don't have to put up with all of this Stella, you really don't."she replied harshly, her voice clipped.

I made my way towards the door again "Emily its really okay, I already agreed to go on the date tomorrow and if I don't show up it will make Salene happy and that's the last thing I want her to be, besides you'll be coming with me, I'll be fine."I replied opening the room door and stepping inside.

She gasped behind me "What do you mean I'll be going with you?"she replied in shock closing the door behind her.

"It means exactly what the words say Em, I saw how you looked at Ross, if you come with me it will give you a chance to get to know him better, besides Salene wouldn't even notice, she would be too busy studying Josh and I ."I explained, hoping the would persuade her to come with me.

I looked at her and tried my best not to laugh, she had this blush on her face and an expression I swear I've never seen before.

"I'm not sure if that's such a good idea."Emily grumbled as she started stripping off her clothes, getting ready for bed.

I shrugged as I reached for my nightshirt."Em, please, you just but a few minutes ago said that you'll always be there for me, I need you with me tomorrow." I said reminding her of her words, smiling at the fact that I had managed to use them against her.

She narrowed her eyes at me but soon cracked a smile."Fine, I'll be there with you tomorrow."We both jumped under the covers at the same time.The conversation was over and I was glad I would have my sister with me tomorrow.

Josh didn't like me, at least not in the way I wanted him too, he only loved Salene .

That last thought was like  a knife through my heart.It pained a lot more than it should.Why should I care if he didn't like me?He was a jerk after all.

My mind was racing too fast for me to sleep and I tried my best not to cry against my pillowcase.

.............................................................

"Are you sure you want to do this?"Emily asked for the millionth time as we headed for the restaurant where Josh had said to meet him.

"I'm sure Em, the real question is if you are ready for meeting Ross again."I replied teasing her, I loved teasing her about him, this was the first time I had ever seen her like this and I must say that I was enjoying it.

"Would you cut that out."she complained sounding a bit irritated and nervous at the same time.

We both stopped talking as we caught up with Josh and some boy, who was he?I remembered seeing him with Josh once.

"Hey, you look nice." he complimented his eyes travelling up and down my body, causing my heart to do little flip flops.

However I narrowed my eyes remembering last nights events, of course he would try to sweet talk me now, probably just practising what to say when Salene came.

"Thanks."I hissed, it came out a bit more harsh than I expected it too.

His eyes widened and he looked a bit taken aback by my attitude.

"Who is this?"I asked before he could have time to think off what made me so pissed.

"Um, this is my good friend Jessie, when you said your sister was coming I thought that it would be good to bring him to keep her company."he explained.

Oh how very thoughtful of him.

I felt someone nudge my elbow, Emily wasn't looking too pleased about Josh's decision.

"We didn't agree on me having a date."she said soft enough for only I to hear.

"I know, just bare with me please, besides this might be good for you, trust me."I replied pleading with her .

She pursed her lips and then nodded.

Her eyes glittered as she fixed her gaze on something behind me.It was not long before her cheeks turned scarlet.

"Why does he have to be so cute."she muttered under her breath.

I turned and narrowed my eyes as Salene walked over to us, smiling brightly .What the hell was she wearing?I could tell she picked this dress specifically for this date.She surely wanted all attention to be on her.

I turned my gaze to Josh, studying his reaction, he seemed calm , as though it didn't bother him at all of what she wore.

But I knew it was just an act, he was very good at acting, in fact he even made it look like he enjoyed the kiss we shared last night, he was a very good actor.Maybe he should switch his singing career to acting instead!

She stopped just in front of him, her hands linked in Ross's .

"Sorry we're late, Ross and I got a little carried away."she said grinning from ear to ear.

Like if anyone cared!

I could tell this was going to be a long day.