Cheaper Thirteen

Okay, so this is kind of a late update, but I did it! And this chapter is a bit short, but it felt like a good place to end it- I solemnly swear that the next halter will be longer and very interesting ;D

By the way, do any of you have a Tumblr by any chance? I role play on mine and am looking for some fellow Loki fans or Loki's so RP with! Just comment below if you do! :)

Hope you like the chapter! I should update again tomorrow!

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

After fifteen minutes of shouting and arguing, I finally had to just leave the room. I sat out in the hallway, my head resting on my knees, and my eyes closed. I could still heard the dulled shouts from inside of the closed room. I heard someone walk up and stop directly in front of me. When I opened my eyes, I saw a very large black man towering over me. My head shot up.

"Relax, kid," He held his hands up. I relaxed a bit, though was still unsure of this man. His one eye- the other covered by a black eye patch -shot over to the room just beside me, where yelling (mostly just Tony and Thor) cold be heard. He looked back down at me. "What's going on in there?"

I glanced over to the closed door, my gaze faulty and tired. "They're bickering about whether or not I should be used as bait for Loki." I told him.

The man raised his eyebrows a bit, and I readied myself to explain, but luckily, he seemed to be more observetive and was able to piece it together himself. "And how do you feel about this?" He pressed, still watching the door.

He turned his dark eye back on me, and I shrugged halfheartedly. To be honest, I was okay with it, but inside, by stomach was swimming and fluttering. Part of me wanted to see him, and part of me didn't. I was nervous. Nonetheless, I knew it was for the best to maybe keep Loki anchored here- though I wasn't are if I was enough -and that tipped over the scale. "I'm okay with it." I said at last, after a moment of pondering.

The man clapped his hands. "Good. This may work." He then kicked open the door, bursting into the room. "All of you shut the fuck up and sit down." He said with a loud voice, though his tone was surprisingly calm and collected. The room fell silent and I heard shuffling of feet.

Slowly, I picked myself up off the floor and peeked my head into the room, where only the man was standing. Tony sat frowning at the door. "That was my favorite door, Fury." He whined, pointing to it weakly. I rolled my eyes and stepped inside, seeing it was safe.

Fury rolled his eye at Tony. "Everyone who's coming, let's go. No arguing." He said stiffly, and a few people exchanged infused glances. Natasha stood, walking over to Fury knowingly. The rest stood up also. I couldn't help be realize that, these people may be superheroes, but they were like the bratty children of Fury, and he the trick father.

Thor raised a hand, speaking u everyone's confusion. "Nick Fury; to where are we traveling?"

Fury turned his back to everyone, Natasha at his wake. "We're going to pay a visit to Ultimate Power."

Thor had me by the shoulders from behind, urging me on as my feet kept tending to fail me, as well as my words. Fury led the way strongly, sure of his every step as we trekked up and down through the large metal aircraft. It took a while, but eventually, we got onto the ship. Which then turned into an aircraft.

I bit down on my lower lip. "I don't know about this, Thor... What if he doesn't remember me?" I said, antsy. I could feel Thor squeeze my shoulder reassuringly. "Do not worry yourself, dear sister- he remembers you." He growled the last part a bit, showing his digress for the fact that Loki still remembered me. I'm not sure if somehow he suddenly didn't want Loki to remember me, or of there was some secret message incised into his words. I had a feeling it was the second.

I shook my head. "I don't know, Thor. How can you be so sure?" Had the two brothers even spoken since the day Loki let go? I dot see how, or even why. If they had, Thor only would have droned on about him coming back home and things being normal again, and Loki only would have laughed with I'll humor and turned him down. I could see a possibly fight breaking out with all the tension. Thor moved to my side. "Let us just say that he remembers, and leave it at that." He replied vaguely.

I close my eyes and sighed. "I don't even know what to say when I see him, Thor." I admitted, in distress. I rubbed my face gruffly with both hands, sliding my fingers into my tangled brown locks. The elegant half-up half-down braid style Frigga did for me before I left was beginning to come down, a few strands of hair slipping down and ticking my nose. Thor gave me a compassionate look. "Just speak to him your feelings. Say what you wish you had before."

I was taken aback by how deep and wise his advice was. That was the best hint I could do. The only problem was that there were so many things I wish I would have said, and some of them had to do with my feelings for him. Which was, not only going to be like eating glass by saying them now, but humiliating by telling him this in front of everyone. Admitting my girlish feelings for him in front of everyone. Not to mention that, of Loki was as bad as Thor said he was now, he may be bad enough to turn me down and embarrass me in front of everyone, just for the sake of being mean.

What it he denied me? Thor may be so sure that he still has feelings for me, but what if he's wrong? Or what if Loki just decide not to give in and say what he feels, too? I couldn't see Loki /before/ the madness set in telling me that he feels things for me in front of other people, and especially not now. I had a bad feeling about going in there. Even if I didn't say anything about what we had before, what we /almost/ had, who's to say that he wouldn't bring it up just to humiliate me?

Head swimming, I didn't realize that we were now at the top of the stairs, leading Ito a small opening. I came to an abrupt halt, Thor stopping beside me. All the others were in front of us, and no one seemed to notice as we hesitantly lagged behind. I exhaled a choppy, short breath, eyed widening as I stared ahead of me. I could /feel/ Loki's presence just before me. I wasn't ready. What on Earth had I been thinking?! "I can't do this, Thor. I can't see him. I'm not ready." I whimpered.

Thor moved in front of me, lifting up my chin to look at him in the eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes that I had taken so much comfort in these past few weeks, allowed myself to fall into, to attach myself to. I calmed down a bit. "Haeley, listen to me well- you /can/ do this. Just go inside. I, along with the others, shall be at your company. He cannot harm you. He is trapped within a cell and unable to escape."

I swallowed loudly. "I'm not scared of him attacking me, Thor. I'm afraid of seeing him again." I whispered, wetting my chapped lips. Thor sighed, bringing me into a warm hug. I relaxed against him. Thor rubbed soft circled in my back for a second, then pulled me away. "Better now, dear sister?" He asked with a lofty grin. I half-smiled and nodded, this time truthful. I took a deep breath, tucking a stray lock of hair behind my ear. "I think I can do it."

With a shaky breath, I followed Thor up the remaining few steps and into the small prisoners chamber, where the others already stood in waiting.

I stopped next to Thor, directly in front of the God of Mischief himself.