The Knight Bus: Year 3/Summer

Start from the beginning

"I've already broken the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry so we'll be able to get to London if I charm our trunks and -- "

"You can't be serious, Harry, you'll be expelled!" She cut him off with wide eyes, shaking her head.

"Amisty, I've probably already been expelled with my luck," He replied sullenly, opening his truck and shifting the contents around.

She looked around in defeat, knowing there was no chance of her changing his mind. Swinging her feet as she waited for him to finish searching, her head shot up at the feeling of being watched.

She jabbed Harry in the arm, the silent warning in her eyes enough to tell him what she was thinking.

Eyes narrowed at an attempt to see in the inky darkness of the alleyways, she leaned closer, jumping in surprise as Harry whispered a spell.

"Lumos," The end of his wand lit up in a bluish tint and he raised it high above his head.

All of the street was illuminated in a cold glow, but the most shocking reveal of all was the huge outline of something with massive glittering eyes.

Amisty backpedaled, accidentally banging into Harry and the two of them fell to the ground after they tripped over their trunks.

She rolled to the side just in time to keep from injury, but Harry wasn't so lucky.

His wand went flying, scattering light all around the street and he threw out his arm to break his fall.

"Bad idea, Harry, you could break your arm that way -- " She thought to herself before her thought process was shattered at a bone-shaking CRACK.

A pair of headlights flooded the streets with golden light, and a triple-decker, vivid violet, bus appeared in front of them. Written across the windshield in a curving gold font were the words The Knight Bus.

Amisty's ears were ringing, the noise still echoing in her head as she looked up. It was definitely painful, but at least her vision wasn't blurry.

Out jumped a conductor, in a uniform of the same shocking violet, and he started to speak rather loudly to the darkness.

He couldn't have been any older than eighteen or nineteen, with quite large ears and a few pimples dotting his face.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board, and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this eve -- " His voice cut off as he noticed the two of them lying on the ground, both with matching confused faces.

Amisty recovered from the shock first, picking up Harry's wand from the ground and handing it back to him after she helped him to his feet.

"What were you doin' down there?" Stan asked, his voice losing the professional tone it once had.

"Fell over," Harry replied simply, brushing down his pants awkwardly.

Amisty looked past Stan and into the bus interestedly. There wasn't much that she could see, but there did seem to be plush beds inside.

She hadn't slept in a proper bed since Hogwarts.

"'Choo fall over for?" Stan sniggered, not even bothering to cover his mouth with his hand to conceal it.

"I didn't do it on purpose," Harry replied sharply, examining his hand.

It was bleeding slightly, not awful but it certainly could get infected if he didn't get it cleaned up.