Another Year Gone: Year 2

Start from the beginning

She opened up her trunk, pulled out a shirt and skirt she had brought.

"Change in here, I'll be waiting outside," Hermione gave her a small smile, walking out and closing the compartment door.

She changed quickly, tapping on the compartment door so Hermione could come back in. It didn't take long for the rest of the group to rejoin them.

"Ginny -- what did you see Percy doing, that he didn't want you to tell anyone?" Harry asked suddenly, turning to face the redhead.

"Oh, that. Well -- Percy's got a girlfriend," Ginny replied, giggling with a bright glow in her eyes.

There was a crash and a muffled 'ow' as Fred dropped his books on top of George's head.

"What?" He asked, jumping down onto his seat and leaning toward his sister in interest.

"It's that Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater. That's who he was writing to all last summer. He's been meeting her all over the school in secret. I walked in on them kissing in an empty classroom one day. He was so upset when she was -- you know -- attacked," She replied cheerfully, until her face paled slightly. "You won't tease him, will you?"

"Wouldn't dream of it," Fred nodded instantly, grinning rather mischievously as he looked out the window.

Amisty was rather sure he was lying.

"Definitely not," George added, his words diminished from the slightly evil sounding snigger that left his mouth.

She rolled her eyes good naturedly, tucking away her school robes and neatening everything else up.

It didn't take much longer for the train to slow to a stop. Harry didn't get up right away, instead pulling out a quill and scrap of parchment.

He scribbled down a set of numbers twice, ripped the paper in half, and then handed one each to Hermione and Ron.

"This is a telephone number. I told your dad how to use a telephone last summer -- he'll know. Call me at the Dursleys', okay? I can't stand another two months with only Dudley to talk to..." Harry explained to Ron.

"Excuse me?" Amisty shoved him lightly, narrowing her bright green eyes with mock anger.

"Sorry, with only Dudley and Amisty to talk to," He corrected with a small grin.

She stood up happily, and then realized the meaning behind his words and shoving him a bit harder than was deemed necessary.

"Your aunt and uncle will be proud, though, won't they? When they hear what you did this year?" Hermione asked as the four of them walked off the train and joined the ever growing crowd in front of the enchanted barrier.

"Proud? Are you crazy? All those times I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious..." Harry replied.

They walked through the barrier, laughing quietly, before being greeted by the Muggle world. Amisty looked longingly back at the barrier, wishing she could've stayed just a few minutes longer.

"You better write me over the summer, there's not going to be any house elves keeping you from it this year," Hermione grinned, pulling her into a tight hug as they reached her parents.

She had already said her goodbyes to the boys.

"Of course I'll write you, why wouldn't I?" She smiled just as brightly, returning the hug and giving a small wave to Mr and Mrs. Granger.

"Take care, Amisty," Hermione gave her a knowing look and then walked out of the train station along with her parents.

"Hurry up, will you," A scathing voice ordered.