2 | White Flag

"Two damaged people trying to heal each other is love." - R.H. Sin

✨ ✨ ✨

CHAPTER 1 | White Flag

The one year time difference had changed everyone in the McGarrett household. Steve had changed his name back and he and Aiden were happily separated. A new move to Kentucky of all places had come to bat. Steve and the kids were moving as well as Aiden and his new girlfriend had found an apartment close, so that he could still be in the girls's lives.

In leiman's terms, life was perfect. Aside from Addie, of course. Ever since announcing the divorce, she had made it her job to make her father's life a living hell. She was always acted out and Steve was honestly sick of it, but he hoped that this move would be good for her and the rest of the family.

Steve's arm rested as he drove along the highway in a U-haul to their destination. Aiden was following in the car behind their truck. Olivia was reading a book and Addie was asleep, her headphones still in her ears.

Steve looked at his eldest daughter to adoration. From the minute he held her in his arms and saw her sparkly blue eyes, he knew that she was going to be his princess. Adopting Addie was the most important day of he and Aiden's life. From the minute they saw her, they knew that she was theirs and nothing and no one could change their mind about the subject.
He missed the days when Addie used to run up to him and show him her latest art project to be hung proudly on the fridge. He missed how much she used to hug him. He missed their Daddy-daughter dates where it was just him and Addie. No Aiden and no Olivia. Just them.

Addie had grown up. She had changed and Steve respected that, but that wasn't to say that he was okay with it. Addie would always be his baby girl. Nothing could ever change that. No matter how old she got or how mean she could be, she was his baby. He just wished that he could turn back to a time where his daughter wasn't a Junior in high school.

Once he found his eyes off his daughter and off of the highway, he pulled onto the road that he and the rest of the family would be living at.

At his turn, some asshole started speeding along. Steve was only trying to park in his driveway and here this prick was honking away on his car horn.

"Man, quit honking your damn horn! I can hear you!" Steve exclaimed. The commotion made Olivia listen up and Addie wake up.
As Steve finally pulled into his driveway, the guy behind him got out of his car. Steve had to admit that the man was quite handsome. He was a complete one-eighty degree turn to Aiden.

Aiden was Puerto Rican, but this guy was white as could be and blonde and blue eyed and Steve was kind of in awe at how unmistakably attractive he was, but as soon as the man got close and Steve saw his height, he flashed back to reality.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" the man yelled and Steve noticed his accent. It was very prominent. He seemed to be from either New York or Jersey. Steve himself was born in Hawaii and lived there for most of his young life until he moved to California in high school.

"What do you mean what's the matter with me? What's the matter with you?" Steve reiterrated, pointing at the short blonde man.

"Can you read? Are you so fucking illiterate that you can't see the big ass sign that says this is a damn one way and you're going the fucking wrong way?" the man cursed, severely aggitated. Steve wondered what the hell was wrong with this little guy.

"My GPS pointed me this way." Steve tried to reason while his daughters made their way out of the moving van.

"Well, your GPS lied to you." the man mocked.

At this point, Aiden and his girlfriend, Amelia, had parked and found their way into the dispute.

"Who even are you?" Aiden had asked as he made his way to his almost ex-husband and the mystery man.

"Danny Williams. I'm your neighbour. Welcome to Bromley." Danny gave a fake smile and shook Aiden's hand.

Danny said no more, walking back to his car, flipping off the group of people and wheeling out.

"Real fucking mature." Steve muttered underneath his breath as he went to start unloading the truck now that the trouble had disappeared.

-

Danny groaned as he ran into the school, his adrenaline pumping.

He busted through his first period class and watched as the sound deafened to silence at his appearance.

"Sorry, guys," Danny paused, "there was an asshole driving up the one way and I had a dispute. Anyway, now that I'm here, get out your homework. I really hope you actually did it because I'm not here for students to not do their work."

Danny was a teacher. A History teacher. A high school History teacher at that. He never really knew what it was that got Danny into teaching. At one point, he wanted to be a cop, but his target skills were limited and you can't wear a suit and tie out on the field, so he threw down the gun and picked up the books. He loved his job and he especially loved that Matt was in his class.

Danny walked over to his son's desk, "Matty, where's your homework? I know you did it."

"I left it at home, Dad. I'm sorry." Matt apologized.

"You know you don't get special treatment. One deducted late point." Danny said, walking back to his desk just as his classroom door swung open once again.

"Hi, I'm new, um... wait, aren't you the guy that was fighting my dad this morning?" a young brunette said, only just recognizing Danny's face.

"Why, yes, sweetheart. What's your name?" Danny snorted, asking her name to put her on his roster. New kids always had to be adding physically.

"Adeline McGarrett-Magrigal." she replied.

"Why don't you sit next to Matthew there?" Danny said, pointing to his son.

Oh how badly Danny was going to regret that decision.

The Life | McDanno AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara