Draco got to his feet, not bothering to help her up as he knew she wouldn't have taken it otherwise.

The silence was heavy, filling the empty dormitory with a suffocating darkness. He left stiffly, letting her follow behind him.

They walked through the Slytherin Common room with no questions asked. It was almost empty anyway and everyone who was there paid them no attention.

The exit opened and Amisty stepped out, not looking behind her as she ran to Gryffindor Tower. When the Fat Lady saw her she immediately swung open, she didn't even need to say the password.

She trudged up to the girls' dormitory, not bothering to see if the boys had returned, not changing into her pajamas, not even noticing Hermione's still empty bed.

Instead, she dove under her covers, burying her face in the pillow.

She screamed. An agonized, pain-filled scream.

And then she cried.

-=+=-

It wasn't until she woke up the next morning that she noticed Hermione was missing.

She walked down to the common room with slow footsteps, pleading her eyes weren't red. She barely got any sleep the night prior, her tear stained pillow evidence.

As the night went by, however, her pain slowly turned to anger. Ron and Harry spotted her right away, looking concerned.

"The hair Hermione used was a cat hair, she's staying in the hospital wing for a while," Harry explained, his eyes dimmed with slight concern at her expression.

"Okay, are we allowed to visit her?" She asked with false brightness, skillfully ignoring his silent question.

"We are," Ron nodded. "What happened to you? We were running and then you weren't behind us anymore..."

"Just got a little caught up, I'm fine now, though," She plastered on a smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

They stayed the same dull green.

"Let's go down to the Great Hall, you must be hungry," Harry offered, his eyes searching her own.

As if right on cue, her stomach rumbled. She managed a small smile as Ron burst out laughing.

"I guess I am," She shrugged, and the three of them walked down to breakfast.

The second she stepped in the hairs on her neck stood up. Someone was watching her and she didn't even need to look to know who it was.

Malfoy.

She lifted her chin, once again pleading her eyes weren't red.

They took a seat, Harry right beside her.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asked softly, his words going unnoticed by Ron with his hushed tone.

"No, not at all," She lied, grinding her teeth together as she struggled to keep a smile.

"Amisty... you can tell me," He reassured, placing his hands on both of her shoulders.

She looked up at him, green eyes against green. Taking a deep breath, and a moment of hesitation, she told him.

"Malfoy called me a..." She hesitated, trying to get it out, "He called me a Mudblood."

Harry looked absolutely outraged, sitting up sharply in his seat.

He didn't stand, he didn't slam his hands on the table, but his eyes were blazing.

"He did what?" He asked sharply, starting to turn toward the Slytherin table until Amisty stopped him.