~ Max x Male!Reader ~ Emotional

Requested by:-Queen_Of_Toasters-

Keep requesting these gay ships :3 (oh yeah, and straight ship if ya want)

WARNING: THIS DOES CONATIN TRIGGERING SUBJECTS AND SPOILERS FOR THE S2 FINALE

Another day of camp, and it was... eventful for sure. David had assigned us to go out and find something to carve a face into. I looked around a bit and found an empty plastic water bottle that could easily be cut into. Not my first choice, but it will do.

After cutting a *:・✧⃛(ཽ๑ඕัළඕั๑)✧⃛*:・ face, I head back to camp to have the rest of the day off, but something caught my eye.

It was Max, standing near the rocks of the dangerous river, and what appeared to be tear stains on his face. His breath was clearly shaking at he looked out upon the waters. Before I could try to approach him, he fell into the quick rivier and allowed himself to get hit by rocks and sticks in the river. I dropped my bottle and began to run, my legs taking me faster than I have ever ran before. I made sure I was ahead of Max to reach out to catch him.

I quickly pull a big tree branch, set it down, and set it against a nearby rock in the river. Right before Max could hit anymore rocks, I grab him by the hood of his jacket and pull him out the best I could. Once at safety, I lay him down in the grass and make sure no animals are nearby to try and attack Max while he was unconcious.

After 5 minutes, Max coughed violently and slowly opened his eyes. Realizing he wasn't dead, he shot up from where he was laying. I looked over at him. "Max! Are you okay?!" I rush over to his side. He just shot his usual cold stare. "Why didn't you let me die?"

This had me taken aback, and it felt as if my heart had been hit by a million bullets. "Because Max, I care about you!"

"But why? Why, out of all people, should you care? No one else does!"

"Yes they do! Like your parents!"

"THEY DO NOT CARE!" Max shouted louder than he intended.
I had to take a moment to calm down from his sudden outburst. "Why don't they, Max?" Max just turned away from me. "Max." He stayed still, giving me silent treatment. I sighed from slight annoyance. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'll leave you here if you wish. But, I just want you to know, Max, that I would care if you died."

I stood up and turned to head back to the camp. "...My parents didn't sign me up for anything. They just dropped off here like I was a burden. Every day I came home from school, they wouldn't care what happened. They didn't care that I was bullied. They never cared. And it's all because... I came out as gay."

By now, I had turned back around and sat down next to him. "You came out as gay?"

Max teared up. "Yeah... Before I had, they cared. They used to love me. But, because they were set in their own homophobic way of fucking Christianity, they stopped caring after that..." His voice faded as his tears fell and he silently let out a few sniffles. I rubbed his back to let him know that I was there for him.

"A-and they didn't c-care that I... hurt myself. Nothing worked to make them l-love me again..."

I felt my own heart become heavy the more things he said. I hugged him, and he stiffened before relaxing into the hug.

"Max, I know how you feel... Coming out gay is hard, and my parents freaked out when I came out as gay. Christians can suck, I know, but... I still know someone cares. And Max, I want you to know that I care about you."

Max lifted his head to look at me with teary eyes. "T-thanks (Y/n)..." He pulled me into a hug. "Anytime Max..."

>Extended Ending
Time: 15 years later<

Max and I have been dating for about 11 years now, dating 4 years after being at Camp Campbell. We both now owned our own humble home with one pet (cat/dog/other). However, today, I had a bit of a surprise for Max.

"Hey Max."

"Hm?"

"We have been dating ever since we were both 14, and I was wondering..."

I got down on one knee and looked up at Max, pulling out a tiny blue box and revealing a diamond ring. "Will you marry me?"

Max had the cute look of shock from the question. Before I knew it, I was on the ground, and Max had entangled me in a hug.

"Of course I will, (Y/n)!"