~ David x Male!Reader ~ Gay?

Requested by the amazing DrunkKittyRoxy! (Yaoi and Yuri are my favorite things to write)

It was in the middle of summer, and Camp Campbell wasn't really faring well with only two active camp counselors. No possible human adult could watch over 10 mischeivous children while taking care of paper work and only expect a low pay from a cheap camp owner who is always running away from the US Government. No one could.

Ads on the Internet were placed everywhere. On Texthers (Facebook), Messabird (Twitter), and many more sites, there were listings for anyone willing to work in this hellhole.

(Y/N's POV)

I had nothing to do all summer so far, and I only have so much time to enjoy now. My job was teaching at elementary schools, but I was fired because parents kept complaining that I was too laid back as a teacher.

This world can just get strict sometimes.

Ding!

My phone's somewhat catchy reminder caught my attention. I pick up my phone and check the message from Messabird.

'Looking for a fun summer job with kids and games? Well, look no more! Camp Campbell is the place for you! Be sure to fill out this Internet survey!'

Looked easy enough. I mean, I like the outdoors, and I am used to little kids, so why not?

I open the survey and all there was were 10 questions.

1. What is your name?
2. Where is your adress?
3. Have you had experience with kids?
4. What is your age?
5. What is your best quality?
6. What is your worst quality?
7. Any references?
8. Any allergies?
9. Do you like country music?
10. What is your favorite icecream flavor?

Those last two were weird, but I answered them anyway. I put down my phone, but was immediatley hit with a reply.

Congrats, New Camper! You have been chosen to be part of the Camp Campbell crew! Meet us tomorrow at Sleepy Peaks 10 am for more information!

Okay, that was definatley strange. I could have SWORN that job processing takes a way longer time than one second!

But whatever, I'll still go. Although, it did seem fishy to me...

_Time skip_

David's POV

I was super excited to meet the new camp counselor! Nothing could stop my excitment now! Like a puppy anticipating a walk outside, I was waiting to see the new guy.

"Calm down, David. It's only one guy. Besides, with that whole 'instant reply' thing that Cameron put at the end of the survey, that would make this really fishy for who this could be. Remember Daniel and Gen?"

I shivered from hearing those names again. "I'm sure the new counselor will be great! They won't do anything they did, I can feel it!" I smiled.

An average looking car pulled up near where we were. A (tall/short) male came out with his (hair color) hair illuminated by the soft shine of the sun. His (skin color) skin glowed softly as face curiously took a look around the camp. I immediatley burst out the door, despite Gwen trying to stop me.

"Hello! You must be the new camp counselor! I'm David!" I held out my hand and smiled brightly at the new guy.

"Oh.. uhm... hi David!" He sheepishly smiled and took my hand into his, slowly shaking it.

"Come! I'll show you around!"

_Timeskip again :P_

"And that's basically it!" I beamed, proudly finishing the tour.

"Wow... that's a lot..." The person I came to know as (Y/N) stated.

"Well, don't worry! If you have any questions, just ask Gwen or I!"

"Okay." He looked up at the now darkening sky. "I'm going to catch some shut eye. Goodnight, David." (Y/n) yawned before walking off to the counselor cabin. "Goodnight, (Y/n)!"

_Two weeks later_

_Y/N's POV_

I laid on the bed in the cabin in the dead of the beautiful night.

Despite most Revier (Yelp) reviews of previous counselors, I actually enjoyed working here. Most of the children were not that bad to work with, and the experience is nice. Sure, I get paid less than what I used to, but now I get to work with someone who I have had a crush on for a few days now.

David.

His bubbly personality, his vibrant green eyes, just everything about him made me go crazy. But, most cute guys ended up straight anyways, so I might as well just-

The door opened, revealing the guy I have been thinking about. He had a small smile on him while he quietly beckoned me to follow him. I silently followed him, despite my body longing for rest back in bed.

As he walked farther and farther away, he soon stopped in a certain part of the forest where the lake was lit up by the beautiful reflection of the moon. The only thing cutting through the silence was the chorus of hoots and serenades from crickets.

David smiled brighter and pulled out his guitar.

I chuckle a little and whisper, "Another camp song in the night?"

David didn't look deterred from the remark. "Not really a camp song, but I just want you to listen."

I nod and gesture for him to play.

"Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love

With you~"

_The whole song completes_

I am pretty sure that either my face is on fire, or is preparing to be. David set down his guitar and looked at me with a bit of a flustered look. "Sorry if you don't feel the same wa-" I cut him off with a tight hug.

"David, I've really liked you for a bit of time now, and I know it's a bit early, but I can't help falling in love with you either."

I felt one of his arms wrap around me after a moment and his hand lift my chin up.

He slowly moved closer and pressed his lips against mine, pulling me into a slow and deep kiss~

>Max: That is the last time I spy on David...<