"Well dear I am here and you really don't have to. I will make all the arrangements before you even get here. I want to spend time with you at least before we are one." He spoke with so much confidence.

"Really?!"I squealed

"Yes Minal. Anything for you."

We bade each other goodbye after a heartwarming conversation. This is the best I have heard all week. I felt relaxed Nazeer is my saviour. I just couldn't imagine myself in camp after all the stories I have heard not to talk of the toilets. Ya Allah! I really hope he can pull a few strings for me. The call for prayer brought me back from my thoughts.

Mahmud

It's been two days since Abbah broke the news to Mamie for some reason she hasn't been speaking to me which is making me feel very uneasy. I couldn't stand my dearest Mamie being angry with me. So I decided to leave the office a little earlier than usual. I picked up the phone to dial my Assistant Amin.

"Hello sir." Was the first thing I heard when he picked the call.

"What the hell Amin." I chuckled.

I don't like it when Amin acts  professional all the time. I think of Amin more of a friend than a member of my staff considering the fact that he grew up on the same street as me. We played ball and planned all our mischiefs together during the days. They weren't really well to do but being my friend Abbah made sure he had a good education to better his future. Maybe that's why the idiot feels indebted  to me. I didn't really give him the job because of our history cause he earned every bit of it. He graduated top of his class at ABU Zaria. Ever since he got here he hasn't lost a case not once.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked waiting for a reply.

"Relax! I just wanted you to handle something for me. I have to get home real quickly I have a little business to take care of."

"Yes sir." Amin replied.

"Quit the sir thing man. It's annoying. I will send the file to your email right away. Call me when it's done." I hung the phone before he could answer "sir" again. His professionalism creeps me out.

I was on my way home but I wasn't going to apologize without a little bribery. I stopped by to get Mamie's favorite glazed doughnuts. She was in the kitchen when I came back. I went straight to my room took a quick shower and changed into a grey shirt and black pants then grabbed the doughnuts from my coffee table and headed out to find my dearest Mamie.

"Mamie dearest." I kept yelling looking for her. I later spotted her in her closet looking for God knows what but she seemed busy.

"Hey I am back." I said grinning from ear to ear but she kept on giving me the silent treatment so I went on trying to get her attention.

"Ohhh Lord. I am starving." I groaned rubbing my stomach. It did get her attention. She turned to look at me but then she didn't say anything. The normal Mamie would rush to the intercom to request for my food to be brought up to her room with so much drama.

Mamie has never been angry with me for this long, not once and that too over Hannan, how much I hate that girl.

I went closer to her hugging her from behind.

"Afwan Ya Ummi." I whispered into her ears knowing she wasn't going to answer so I continued.

"I am sorry mother. Your anger rips my heart out Mamie...please don't be angry with your son. I am sorry for everything. I promise I will do better but I can't have you being mad at me. I am doomed if you won't forgive me Mamie. I have done wrong. I admit it. I should have come to you first. I am only human I make mistakes. I will make more on my journey through life. Your love, your prayers. They keep me going Mamie I am nothing without you. I am doomed...."

She used her hands to cover my mouth before I could finish and she hugged me.

"You just won't shut up. "She said with so much love in her eyes but then you know African mothers, they will never admit that they overreacted or give you the everything will be okay speech.

She reached for the intercom on her bedside and asked for food to be brought up to her room. I smiled and that was how I knew she had forgiven me.

"What's in the box?"she asked pointing to the doughnuts.

"Something I got for my darling Mamie habibty." I replied handing over the box. She smiled as she opened the box and took a bite.

"Masha Allah. The taste gets better evert time. "She smiled. Mamie and food I thought.

I ate my favorite Tuwo and Egusi soup and drank the mixed fruit smoothie Armani makes. As Mamie informed me that her daughter is coming for her NYSC.

Good God! Of all the places she could go she just had to invade people's space. I thought resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

Minal

I was leaving today. I have to say I am quite anxious. It doesn't feel like I am leaving home. Kaduna is also home for me and I have Mamie and my favorite cousins, not forgetting the love of my life Nazeer. I couldn't wait to see him.

I  have spoken to Nazeer for the fourth time this morning. I just can't help but feel like a princess. He wanted so bad to come pick me up but Papi insisted that Mallam hamza his personal driver takes me. As soon as we were on the road. I drifted away to la-la land.

A phone call from Nazeer brought me back to reality. He had good news which was more of a way out for me.

"Ya Allah." I haven't had a better day for a while.

Mallam Hamza made sure he handed me over to Mamie. As if I were some sort of parcel. Being the Mamie she is, she kept stuffing me with food but then I enjoyed every bit of it. Even after I was done,the taste was still lingering on my taste buds.

After Isha Nazeer came to see me as promised. We talked about everything and anything and how I wasn't going to stay in camp. His friend told him about this beautiful idea of a marriage certificate. He even brought the papers over so we could fill our details in. By the time we filled in our details, I was married to Nazeer Makama,well not in reality, just according to the document.

I can't explain the feeling. I wished more than anything for it to be true but then we were going to soon by Allah's will. I couldn't wait for the day to arrive.

We bade each other goodbye as I went back in and spent half of the night daydreaming. It was a day well spent.

############################

Dear Readers,

I cannot thank you enough for showing me so much love and support, your votes keep me going and also, your comments are welcome. Feel free to send your complains. I really can not thank you enough for enjoying this little daydream of mine.

                           Love you always,
                                   Halimalili