chapter 8 Settling in

We pulled out of my driveway, as tears were dripping down my face. I was leaving my family to be with the person that someday I will love, but right now I like. Adam looked over at me and pulled over on the side of street. He stopped the engine and unbuckled me, he grabbed a hold of me and pulled me over the console and pulled me into his embrace. I lost it completely I cried because I was moving out, I cried cause of what he did, I cried because I was so lonely, I cried and cried until I couldn't anymore. I pulled my head away from his warm chest and looked at his shirt it was drenched but only on his shoulder. "I'm s-sor-rry I just ruined your shirt." "Don't worry about it. It smells like you now and its a good thing." "I'm tired let's go home." "Okay princess. Let's go, you wanna lay here while I drive and rest." "Yeah lets go."

I cuddled up in his shirt and my eyes started to drupe. I heard him laughing lightly and my eyes opened a little bit. "What are you laughing at?" "Nothing sweetie. We will be pulling up to the house in a couple of minutes so don't fall back asleep just yet.okay princess." "Okay." I sat up and snuggled into his warmth and looked around. We had just pulled up to the pack house and the sun was just now setting. He pulled into a garage and he stopped and unlocked the doors. I sat up and he got out and pulled me into him. "Come on sweetie. I'll get some of the guys to come and get your stuff and bring it up to my room. Let's get you to bed." "But what about my pjs? What am I going to wear to bed?" "Whatever you want. I think I have clothes you can wear. Let's go."

He carried me through the pack house and to his room. "Do you have this entire floor to yourself?" "Yeah its pretty nice actually." "Ok." He sat me down on the bed and went into the closet to grab some clothes. He brought out a large tshirt and sweatpants that probably won't fit me. "Thanks. But I don't think the sweatpants are going to fit." "Okay here the bathroom is the first door and I got a toothbrush and there is toothpaste in the first drawer. Holler if you need anything I'll be waiting for you."

I walked into the bathroom and looked for the tooth brush and found it exactly where he said it was. I brushed my teeth super fast and threw on the shirt. I was welcomed by his wonderful scent and I was happy and my wolf was howling inside of me. She was happy and so was I. My loved me and I was happy, for once in my life.  I put on the boxers that Adam gave me and they were falling off of me so I decided to skip them. I picked up my clothes and walked out shutting the light off. I was greeted with the bed tucked down and pillows pilled up. Adam was sitting on the edge of the bed smiling. "What are you smiling about?" "Nothing, thinking about how I have a fantastic mate and that she looks incredibly sexy in my shirt with no pants on also." I felt a blush crawling up my cheeks. "Shush. I am tired. Goodnight." "Goodnight princess." Adam said and crawled into bed. He pulled me into his chest and put his head on my neck breathing in my scent. Having my mates arms wrapped around my waist made me the happiest person and thinking that I have the best mate I closed my eyes. "Nobody will hurt you ever again. I'll protect you with my heart and soul. I love you princess, enjoy your nights rest." I heard Adam say and dwelled on it for a couple of minutes. My wolf must of told his wolf that I was hurt in the past. Crap. He said nobody would hurt me again. I hope he is right. With that I fell asleep thinking that I have an alpha for a mate, I won't be hurt anymore, and there is someone that loves me for me and not someone I am not. Like the person I am at school. I am protected for the rest of my life and by a man that at one point in time I will come to love and I think that time is going to in the near future.