chapter 23

*Y/N's POV*
We were in the kitchen fixing the dinner. I was finishing up on the pecan pie when I felt a set of arms wrap around my waist.
"Baaaaabe!" I said laughing.
He kissed my neck.
"No PDA!" His mom said laughing.
We laughed. He smacked my ass.
"Just know when we get to Hawaii, you're getting it." He whispered in my ear.
"Okay daddy." I whispered back.
I took the pie into the dining room.
"Ooh girl that pie looks good." His mom said.
"Thank you." I said. "Babe what do you want to eat?"
"Some fried chicken,green beans,spaghetti, fried cornbread and some sweet potatoes." He said.
I fixed him and myself a plate.
"Thank you babygirl." He said as he kissed my cheek
"My son can really eat." His mom said.
I shook my head,but he dont just eat food.

    After dinner
We were outside chilling. Not even gonna lie this lil family thing was actually fun. I was sitting across Kel's lap with my head resting on his shoulder. His mom and step dad were sitting across from us.
"So how'd y'all meet?" His step dad asked.
Me and Kelly looked at eachother.
"It's a long story, but its kinda funny too." Kelly said.
"I wanna know!" His mom said.
"Well Y/n was a journalist before she got the physical therapy job and she was given the task to interview me one day after a game and I was being a real jerk to her wouldnt answer her questions and I caused her to lose her journalism job and then I felt really bad and I had ran into her at a game and she was being all mean to me so I kinda sorta kidnapped her and we talked it out and became frjends and other problems drew us closer together and now we're here." He said as he looked at me.
I smiled at him and played with his hair.
"It's something about you Y/n, you're different an I like it." His mom said.
"She's right Kelly. Y/n brings out the best in you." His step dad said.
"She really does." He said.
"Well your son made me realize a lot of things." I said smiling. "I'm really glad I have a man like him."
I hugged him tight