Chapter Two: He came back

Start from the beginning

Amy cuts the call midway through his sentence.

"Love you. 'Oh, yeah, love you too Rory.' " Rory muttered.

[Leadworth Police Station]

Two girls stood on either side of a jail cell while an officer opened the door, the inside smirking the other frowning.

"Jesus Christ Mel. Is this really going to keep happening?" The auburn haired asked, shaking her head at her hot-headed friend. While she didn't want to micro-manage her, this really needed to stop.

"Sorry Mum." Mel said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "What can I say? I was bored, I needed a little bit of fun."

Emily sighed.

"Mel-" she started warningly before being cut off by the shrill ring of her phone.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and, not checking who it was, answered.

"What." She snapped.

"Em!" Amy breathed out, relieved. "Oh, thank god. I need you. Right now."

"Amy? Amy, what's wrong?"

"It- I don't- Just get your butt over here. Please? I could really use your help right about now."

"Okay, okay. On my way now, I'll be 10 minutes, tops."

"Good."

She hung up abruptly and Emily looks at the phone, completely bewildered.

"Hey, look, I have to go." She said still staring at her phone. "Amy called about something. Said she needed me."

Mel looked slightly concerned.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Probably nothing." She snapped out of her state and started towards the exit.

"Hey! What about the bail money?"

"Sorry, gotta fly!" Emily was already out the door when she chucked an envelope of money over her shoulder, without a second glance back. "This should be enough. Catch you later Mels!"

[Corridor]

Emily arrives within the 10 minutes that she promised.

"Hey, what's-"

She was cut off as Amy shoved a hand over her mouth.

"Shhh!"

She nodded her head towards the landing. Emily looked at Amy weirdly before advancing towards where her sister had gestured.

She froze in surprise.

"How . . .?"

She trailed off as she stared at the man from that magical night 12 years ago. He hadn't changed one bit, not even the ripped clothing.

"I know. It's not possible, right? What do I do? What do we do?" Amy pleads, biting her nails.

"I don't know! I'm not the one that knocked him out!"

Before they could continue bickering, the Doctor begins to stir. Both girls panic and start a battle of push and shove against other, while simultaneously backing away.

•|•

The Doctor revives to see two young ladies, one in a micro-skirted police uniform using her radio and the other watching silently from a doorway.