"Tyler, we need to go," Josh said looking down at me. He had a slight smirk curved at the corner of his lip.

I looked up to him, my expression shocked, realizing I was laying across the back seats of the car with my head resting in the red haired devil's lap.

I squeaked immediately sitting myself up and making a face in disgust.

Josh only laughed unbuckling his seat belt. "Don't worry Tyler, I'm not deceased."

I rolled my eyes, muttering something under my breath in annoyance, before climbing out of the car and slamming the door.

I felt the need to scream. UGH.

Why was Josh so God damn annoying!?

Josh opened up the boot grabbing both mine and his suitcase out. He set them down gently on the ground smiling at me while I rolled my eyes. He still had that smug look displayed across his face, and I hated it.

Did he think this was some sort of joke or something? Because it was most definitely not funny.

Me being forced to spend time with him was like the living hell.

"Okay, c'mon boys. We don't want to be late," Mrs. Dun hurried clearly shivering from the cold.

I don't blame her though, it's freezing outside. I was desperate to be inside, where the warmth is, too.

Latching my hand on the handle of my suitcase and pulling it along behind me, we made our way inside the airport. The rest of our class stood in a group, which me a Josh walked over to before saying our good byes.

"Be safe, honey." Mrs.Dun said with her arms wrapped tightly around her son. Her eyes were slightly glossed over and it looked as if she were about to cry.

"Don't worry, mum. I'll be fine." Josh reassured smiling. He finally pulled away from the hug leaving her mum to glance over to me.

"Oh, Tyler. You come here and give me a hug too."

I smiled sheepily with a blush rising up on my cheeks, as she threw her arms around me.

She pulled away smiling and looking me in the eyes. "You're like family to us, Tyler. Feel free to come over to our house whenver you'd like to. You're great company."

I blushed even more grinning awkwardly. "Thank you, Laura."

"Oh, there's no need to thank me. You're a great friend to Josh, you two just seem to get along so well."

I heard Josh snort from behind me. I couldn't help but chuckle slightly when she said that.

Since when, in her eyes, has she seen me and Josh getting on well together?

I thought I made it obvious that I despise him, but clearly not.

"Have fun, boys!" Mrs.Dun called as we waved goodbye back at her.

"You're like family to us," Josh mocked as we walked together towards the rest of our class.

I rolled my eyes laughing a little. "Shut up."

Josh grinned at me showing off his pearly white straight teeth. "Y'know, you should really take up that offer of coming over to our house whenever you want, since we're apparently 'such good friends'."

I looked over the red haired boy smiling.

"Now that I think of it, I probably am going to come around every single day because I love spending time with you," I spoke sarcastically making him laugh.

"Are you now?" Josh questioned and I nodded my head.

"You know what? I'm going going to move in with you, then we can be around each other for a constant 24 hours a day," I declared.

"Even when we're showering?" Josh asked jokingly.

"Yes, even when we're showering," I smirked looking the boy up and down.

Josh blushed under my stare, laughing awkwardly, before pulling a more serious face. "I have to admit, I enjoy being around you. Yeah sure, you can be very cocky and rude at times, but you're honestly a lot of fun, Joseph."

I snickered to myself, then looked up at him studying his features. I don't know what exactly was different about his expression but it seemed a whole lot softer. Maybe it was the slight glint of hope shimmering in the apple of his eye, I don't know what for though.

I sighed before speaking. "I really wish I could say the same about you, Dun. But you're kind of a prick."

Josh rolled his eyes pushing me playfully. "Well, thanks a lot."

I burst into laughter making all those around me stare in my direction.

"You're welcome," I replied choking up on my own set of giggles.

Josh weakly smiled back but he seemed a lot less amused than I was. That glint of hope had disappeared, and had suddenly turned into a more look of melancholy.

I stopped laughing to take in his sadder looking expression. Did I do something wrong?

"I'm, uh... I'm gonna go talk to, um, Brendon," Josh muttered walking off.

"Oh okay," I replied unsurely.

Geez, what's gotten into him?

The guy must have some serious mood swings. One minute he's all joking around the next he looks sad, damn it puberty!

But anyway, it doesn't really matter to me because he's irrelevant in my life.

I shrugged it off going over to talk to Jenna who was currently chatting with Chance.

"Hey guys."

"Tyler!" Jenna smiled leaning in to give me a quick peck on the lips.

I smiled back but noticed Chance looking a little tense.

"We haven't talked so much recently," I stated.

"I know, I know, " Jenna sighed. "I've just been really busy."

Chance clenched his jaw when she said that.

Jenna carried on rambling on about random things to me but I wasn't paying much attention. My glance shifted over to Chance, his whole posture seemed stiff.

"I'm going to go talk with Dylan and Troy," Chance interrupted walking away.

"Okay bye," Jenna smiled.

The boy looked back at Jenna grinning mischievously making her giggle.

I raised my eyebrow at her but she ignored me.

What was that about?