Flowerpaw nodded, feeling slightly awkward but ate her herbs anyway. She noticed her fellow apprentices making faces as they ate the bitter herbs. Flowerpaw was used to the taste of herbs, even in the time that she had been out the taste of herbs didn't bother her. Flowerpaw swallowed her herbs and looked to her friends.

"Are we ready to go?" Crowpaw questioned the others, they nodded and the four apprentices left the medicine cat den, Flowerpaw glanced over at Stormpaw. Her blue eyes were troubled, was she still concerned about Firetail? Flowerpaw hoped that once they set out for the moonstone that she would feel better about going.

The apprentices approached the SunTree where Foxstar sat with Mallownose. "Are you all ready to go?" The leader questioned, twitching his whiskers. "Mallownose will be joining us." The four apprentices nodded and began following their leader out of camp. The moment they stepped into the forest, excitement buzzed in Flowerpaw's heart. She was finally going to see beyond the territory, even if she didn't get to go to the gathering she felt that this more than made up for it.

"Where is the moonstone, anyway?" Crowpaw questioned as they made their way deeper into the forest.

"It's past MoonClan territory." Foxstar replied. "We'll cross the river and then walk through MoonClan's territory and soon we'll reach the Spirit Woods." He looked over his shoulder at the apprentices. "It's quite the walk but we'll be there before you know it."

"I thought we weren't allowed into another Clan's territory." Thornpaw pointed out, flicking his tail. "Isn't that against the warrior code."

"We have an agreement with MoonClan." Mallownose replied. "As long as we stick close to the river and don't take any prey we're allowed to cross when going to the moonstone." She purred. "Don't worry about breaking any rules, we'll be fine. Feathernose and Honeypaw do this every half-moon."

"Are we supposed to swim across?" Stormpaw inquired, sounding uncomfortable. Flowerpaw wondered the same thing, she had no intentions of swimming across the river.

"Only if you really want to." Foxstar let out a mrrow of laughter. "There's a way to cross, you'll see it when you get there." The apprentices stopped asking questions and continued their journey. Flowerpaw looked around SunClan territory as they neared the MoonClan border, she had seen the border before but didn't spend much time around there. Most of the Clan liked to hunt in the center of the territory or closer to the AshClan border because that's where most of the prey was.

In the distance, Flowerpaw could hear the sounds of the rushing river. It sounded like it was louder than usual with made Flowerpaw incredibly uneasy. She wasn't sure how they were going to cross the river but she wasn't looking forward to it. I don't like being over water. She shuddered at the thought.

Through the trees Flowerpaw saw the sparkling surface of the river as it rushed past them. The patrol broke through the trees and stood at the bank of the river. It was full and moving quite fast, Flowerpaw tensed as she watched it move. "Over here is where we cross." Foxstar trotted up to the river and motioned to an incredibly large branch. "It may look dangerous but we've been crossing it for as long as I can remember. Fishtail crossed this branch when she first came to the moonstone." He placed his paw on it, it looked sturdy but Flowerpaw still didn't trust it.

"I'll cross first." Foxstar stepped onto the branch and walked carefully across until he reached MoonClan territory. "Mallownose, why don't you help them cross and then you follow behind."

Mallownose nodded. "Crowpaw why don't you cross first." She suggested. The black she-cat nodded, though Flowerpaw could see a hint of doubt and fear in her amber eyes. Crowpaw approached the branch, set one paw on it gingerly, then slowly crossed. When she reached the other side, she looked across the river with excitement in her eyes.