You know you never really realize how big a school is until you get lost. I look down at my map of the school one more time and end up bumping into someone and falling on my butt. “I’m so sorry, are you ok?" a girl with brown hair with blue tips asks while offering a hand to help me up. I nod my head and take her hand and stand up. "I'm Alice what's your name?" she asks 'I'm Winter' I sign and but then frown thinking maybe she won't know sign language not many people do. "Oh, you know sign language, that's so cool. I learned it last year cause I got bored over summer and I always wanted to know how," Alice says causing me to smile. 

'Really? Not many people know it ' I sign and she nods. "Are you new here?" she asks. I nod signing 'yeah can you help me find room 20 Math, please? ’I sign slower than normal because I don't know how well she can read it, and I don't want to confuse her. "I'm heading there too, so you can follow me," she says and smiles at me and then I finally make it to the first period where the teacher makes me introduce myself which, as you probably guessed, didn't work out too well. She wound up telling everyone that I'm mute and can only use sign language, thanks, teacher.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

 "Hey, do want to come and sit with me and my friends at lunch?" Alice asks. It turns out that we have every class together in the morning, but in the afternoon we have different classes. She showed me the other classes so hopefully, I won't get lost. ‘You don't have to, it’s fine' I sign. She’s probably only being nice because she feels bad. “I know, but I want to," she says with a smile. I nod an ok and we head to the lunchroom and get in line for lunch. I just grab a fruit cup and then wait for Alice to get her lunch, once she does she leads me to a table with 3 other girls. "Hey guys this is Winter, she's new here and I offered her a seat," she says and the girls all look up at me and smile. The first girl had blonde curly hair and brown eyes, the second one had light brown hair with blonde highlights and green eyes, and the very last one had dirty blonde hair with glasses. "Hey Winter. I'm Samantha, but just call me Sammie," the one with curly blonde hair said. I wave at her not wanting to be rude. "I'm Kylie," the brown-haired one says and waves at me I send her a smile and decide to sign ' hey everyone ' to them but they just give me a confused face and look at Alice. "Oh yeah, I forgot she's mute. Do you remember when you guys were laughing at me for taking that sign language class? Well, guys, I made a friend because of it." she says and everyone laughs.

"Hey sis, who's the hottie?" a brown-haired guy asks walking up to us. "Don't be a pig Jake, this is Winter," Alice says slapping Jake’s shoulder. "Well then, hello there Winter," he says and winks, this time earning a slap from Kylie. "Stop flirting when you have a girlfriend," she says and he smiles at her. "Ok ok. I'm only teasing, you know I would never do that to you," he says and leans over to kiss her. "Mhm, that's right," she says and everyone laughs again. "Hey, Jake, what's taking so long? I thought you were gonna see who the new girl is, Dean needs to talk to us," a guy with black/brown hair walks up and Jake looks up from Kylie "Oh sorry man, tell him I'll be right there," he says and then the guy looks at me. "Oh hi, I'm Max," he says putting his hand. I tap Alice's shoulder, silently asking her to introduce me "This is Winter, she doesn't talk and I don't think you know sign language," she says and I thank her. "Ok, well, we got to go. Bye girls," Jake says grabbing Max's arm and walking off to, I guess, Dean since he was asking for them. We finish eating and I get to know them, I gave them my phone number so we could talk better. And yeah, my plan to not get noticed may not have worked and my anxiety may have been going crazy but hey, I made 5 friends. It was worth it, right? Right?

The bell rings and we all go to our 4th-period classes, thankfully I remembered where mine was. "Ok class, we have a new student," Mr. Grandthom, the Art teacher, says once the class starts. I stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to do, I wave. "This is Winter, please treat her nicely, ok guys?" he says. "Now find a place to sit," he says quieter, as he's just talking to me now. "Hey Winter, over here!" I look towards where the voice is coming from and see Jake, Max, and some other guy. I assume he's Dean, but I don't really know. He has black hair with green eyes. I go to sit at their table as I don't know anyone else so why not. It's not like they're complete strangers that I only know the names of no not all. "Hey Winter this is Dean," Jake says pointing at the guy with black hair I smile and wave and return the smile. "Ok, so today we are gonna be working with partners the person across from you is your partner we will be making paper sculptures of whatever you want as long as it's appropriate you have 3 weeks to do this" Mr. Grandthom says and everyone starts talking to their partner. "Well new girl looks like your my partner," a deep voice says causing me to look up and see Dean smirking at me. ' I guess so ' I sign without thinking about it "um what was that" he asks with a confused face. Jake looks up at us and laughs "oh yeah dude she's mute so she talks in sign language cool right" he says and smiles at me. "Oh cool then do you want to exchange phone numbers to make this project thing easier," he asks and I smile and give him my phone while he gives me his. I type my phone number in and hand him back the phone but when I do his hand brushes over mine and shocks run through my arm. What was that?

He looks at me with a look of shock on his face and I guess he felt it too but why. "Hey so um what do want to build," he asks and I start typing on my phone ' I don't know what about you ' he smiles when his phone goes off and reads it "well we could make a Wolf," he says and smile. ' I love wolves ' he reads it and smiles "yeah they are pretty cool they're like my favorite animals I love them so much you would probably think I was one," he says with a laugh the bell rings and everyone leaves but me and Dean "so do you want to work on this over the weekend," he asks and I nod ' is 4:30 fine ' I text and he smiles with a nod. "So I'll see you tomorrow at 4:30 deal," he says holding out his hand to shake on it. I nod and grab his hand to shake it but when I do the shock runs through my entire body. After that, we go to our classes

The rest of the classes go by fast I wind up having Dean in them all and some in the morning so we sit together and I would say it was a good day. I lay down in my bed happy to be home and away from people. Thank god for its Friday right it's my only day off so I do my homework and then passes out.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

 Thanks for reading tell if me you like it

               Don't forget to

                 Comment

                     And

                   Vote

Winter is played by Alex Dorame

Thanks again