CH 3

I sat in my room in Buckingham Palace, pouting, laying on my bed and staring at my ceiling. I was grounded for leaving to Dunkirk a couple of days ago and my Uncle was this close to sending me to Canada with my mom and sisters so I didn't even want to breathe wrong. The ironic thing was that the newspapers heard of my adventure and was giving me the highest praises so he really couldn't do anything other than place me in house arrest.

He took away my boat though and sold it to the navy, who were starting to experiment with using civilian ships to try to sneak past the German U-boats who prowled the Atlantic like sharks; hunting down our warships and cargo ships with brutal efficiency. My uncle spun it as me just helping the war effort again but I knew it was a punishment for Dunkirk.

When he told my mother what happened. she called me on the phone and screamed at me for 39 minutes, I watched the clock, telling me how stupid I was for doing something so dangerous and everything. At the end of the conversation though she ended with 'I've never been more proud of you in my life' so I really didn't know how to take it.

I'd do it all over again though, just to meet that green-eyed, nameless soldier. I've thought about him every day since Dunkirk. Sure we only had a one night stand but...I don't know, I've give anything just to learn his name; he had that one thing.

I looked up as a staff member walking in, when I nodded he placed a letter on my desk and walked out without saying a word, closing the door behind him as he left. I got up and opened the, as I read it my hands started to shake; at the bottom were two signatures of the coauthors of this letter.

I stormed out of my room and stomped though the palace, getting sideways glances at the staff members I passed. "Is this how far we have fallen?" I said as I barged into the room where I knew my uncle was having lunch with several of the top members of the navy and air force who were planning on how to defend our island from the seemingly inevitable Nazi invasion.

"Air Marshal, with all due respect, you cannot draft Liam Payne nor Zayn Malik into the Air Force, I thought that only-sons would be protected from the draft!" I said to one of the uniformed men who had wings on his chest. "Louis...what? Who are you talking about?" my Uncle said confused, so thrown off that he forgot to be upset for the moment.

"I met these two lads on the way to Dunkirk, they're the only boys in the family like I am...if they are drafted than so am I" I said, slamming down the letter for emphasis. "Louis as Prince you...those boys, the country needs them report say the Luftwaffe are gathering" the Air Marshal said. "I have an airplane, just put weapons on her and the Rover will be combat ready. If they're drafted then I should be too" I said, not budging at all.

Uncle sighed "I can see that look in your eye, just like your mother...you're not going to let this go are you?" "The three of us, Liam, Zayn and myself are exactly the same, why should they be drafted and on the way to Kent to join the Airforce while I sit in the palace safe and comfortable?" I said, crossing my arms.

Everyone looked at my Uncle who scratched his chin thoughtfully "Fine Louis, tomorrow you'll take your Rover to the airfield in Kent and officially be recruited." I stared at him in shock but bowed and went out of the room quickly, before he could change his mind.

-

"You have to make sure my nephew is cared for, alright?" King George said to the Air Marshal "The only reason I agreed to that is because I have full faith that you'll watch out for him." The second in command of the Air Force nodded "I figured as much, I'll find these...Liam Payne and Zayn Malik and partner them up with the Prince and then give them the safest jobs. The Prince will stay safe yet feel like he is helping out."