Chapter 43 - The Belles

Good morning loves, so sorry for not updating last night. I was tired and traffic was really bad. But I will make up for that today, ok? Abangan later :)

Someone requested to include in this story Maine's interaction with the belles, so here it is, and I hope you like it. The hardest part about loving a friend, is having to accept who they love, even if you do not like that person for your friend. I have heard of friendships ending because of this kind of conflict, and I find it sad that it has to reach this point.

As friends, we are supposed to be the strong support system, the steady wall that will catch someone we care about when they fall. In this chapter, the belles' acceptance of Maine is a celebration of true friendship. It is genuine and not motivated by anything else, all purely for the sake of good old love for a friend.

Have a great weekend beshies, and share with me what you think :)

Maine's friends started hosting bridal showers for her. Liv was the first to host a shower, inviting her It girl friends from Phoenix Land to some drinks at the Palace Pool Club. They had fun but Maine realized that she already outgrew her It girl days, and did not really like nights out like this anymore. It was a revelation for her that her wild days were over, her nights out with the girls were no longer moments she looked forward to.

Then she got the surprise of her life one afternoon. Cass took her aside and asked her if she was available during the weekend.

"Bes, ano......pwede ka ba Saturday night? Kinausap ko na si Alden sabi ko 'wag muna kayo lumabas."

"Di naman talaga kami pala-labas eh. Mas naghahang-out kami sa bahay ng isa't-isa."

"Tengene, ang landeeeee....."

"Pano naman naging malandi yun?"

"Eh bahay lang so malamang momol yan o sex, diba?"

"Ikaw talaga judger ka."

"Pero yung tutoo........"

"Kingina Cass tigilan mo ko."

"Kaya blooming ka eh, o. Ang dalas ng dilig."

"Bakit mo ba tinatanong kung may lakad ako?"

"Kasi the belles want to host a shower for you?"

Maine felt so touched. These 'girls' were really something. They were such sweet friends and so transparent with her.

"Di nga?"

"Oo nga! Idea ni Zia yan. Ano, game ka ba? 50 Shades of Grey ang Theme."

"Shiiiittttt, parang masaya yun ha."

"Oh so game na ha. I'll tell them. Sa condo ko yung venue."

"Sige, magpapaalam ako kay Alden."

-----

Maine dressed carefully for the shower. She wanted t be accepted into this little circle of Alden's friends, and felt the need to dress up. She wanted to feel like she really was Anastacia to Christian.

 She wanted to feel like she really was Anastacia to Christian