Chapter 10 - Quiet Time

Second update guys......I don't know if I can keep this up haha. But your comments inspire me, and I am amazed that in merely 5 days, we've hit #18 ranking! Grabe, mga beshy, this is so surreal. 

Thank you, sobra. Our story's pacing will now be a little faster as it will get more exciting. The tension between them is mounting because they keep their feelings bottled up inside. It will be blowing over soon, konting tiis na lang :) 

Meanwhile, enjoy and hopefully, this chapter gives you the feels :)   

It was the birthday of Rachelle, their Vice President for Operations, and she booked a function room in Phoenix Residences, building that housed their corporate office, to celebrate. All the managers were invited, and it being a Friday, the celebration went on till it was past dinnertime. Officers from other companies of Phoenix also arrived, and Maine saw some of her former colleagues there. It was inevitable for her to see her exes, and people were observing Maine and how she reacted seeing them together in just one gathering.

Maine knew eyes were on her but she mingled with her new team and tried to avoid attention, choosing to stay in just one corner with Cass, Gab and Pia, the Bids and Awards Manager. Alden was in one of the tables across them, talking to the other architects, when Kayla approached and pulled Alden away from his group to dance.

 Alden was in one of the tables across them, talking to the other architects, when Kayla approached and pulled Alden away from his group to dance

"Close talaga si Kayla kay Alden," Maine said, observing how Kayla was touchy-feely with him.

"Hindi noh. Feeling close lang," Cass said, looking at Kayla with disapproval. "Mabait lang si Alden sa kanya but that's it. Feeling niya kasi siya lang ang babaeng nakakalapit kay Alden."

"Maybe she's right, kasi ayan nga nakakalapit eh."

"Kasi ayaw niya maniwalang bading yan."

"He's not the usual type of gay kasi eh. Hindi naman effeminate kumilos."

"Why are you wasting time talking about Alden?" Gab asked, exasperatedly. "Inom pa tayo. Maine, you want something to drink? Di ka umiinom kanina pa."

"Thank you na lang Gab, I'm driving pauwi eh."

"Hindi ka pa naman uuwi eh. Isa lang teka kuha kita." He left to go to the bar.

"Cass, alis na ko ha. Iiwasan ko si Gab lasing na eh, mahawak nakakainis."

"Sige alis ka na habang wala pa dito. Paalam ka lang kay Ms. Rachelle, baka hanapin ka."

She stood up and approached Rachelle, who was now talking to Alden.

"Ms. Rach....."

"O, Maine.....don't tell me aalis ka na rin. Itong si Alden nagpapaalam na eh."

"Sorry Ms. Rach, medyo masama pakiramdam ko kasi eh. Happy birthday na lang po." She leaned forward to kiss Rachelle and shook her hand.

"Bye ma'am. Sige Alden, bye....."