Bilbo frowned and looked suddenly flustered by the ignoring they were both receiving. "Will you all just listen?! I'm trying to tell you there is something else out there!" This got their attention. The quiet talking soon stopped and an almost uncomfortable and awkward silence filtered through.

"What form did it take? Like a bear?" Gandalf asked, his voice low and serious while he looked down at Bilbo.

"Ye...yes, but bigger, much bigger." Bilbo said while looking sceptically at Gandalf. How he knew, he didn't know.

"How can it be a bear? It is much too big." Náriel said while crossing her arms. She was still not believing it to be a bear. Bears didn't grow that big, even way out here.

"You know this beast?" Bofur asked while looking up at Gandalf. He sounded shaken up, as if orcs weren't enough. Gandalf turned away for a moment seemingly not going to reply. "I say we double back." Bofur's words got few agreeing words, but everyone seemed to contemplate it.

"We'll be run down by a pack of orcs." Thorin stated obviously.

"There is a house," Gandalf said suddenly, cutting whatever conversation was going to happen off. Everyone looked to him expectedly, he turned and looked down at the group before him. "It's not far from here. We might be able to make refuge there."

"Whose house? Are they friend or foe?" Thorin asked from the back of the group. He was still standing near the rocky path Bilbo and Náriel had earlier gone up and reappeared from.

"Neither. He will help us, or he will kill us." Gandalf's words caused deathly silence. They weren't exactly the words which they had expected to hear.

"What choice do we have?" Thorin asked, before Gandalf could reply a loud roar from back up the mountainside echoed down. The group all jolted and looked up expecting the beast to suddenly appear in front of them.

Gandalf looked simply at them, "None."

Open sky and green grass with lavender plants swaying in the breeze would have been a peaceful image; one which could easily be admired by anyone, but not now, not at the moment. With as much speed as they could all muster, the company went running through the plant scattered grassland. Every so often Gandalf shouted out with encouragement for them to keep going. Soon the open grassland disappeared and they were back amongst the trees. They all skidded to a sudden stop though when another echoing roar filtered through the trees.

Gandalf, who was still at the head of the group, turned and looked at the figures behind him. Gesturing an arm, he ushered them all forwards, as quickly as they could, yet again. "This way!" He exclaimed and took off running again. The small safety of the trees disappeared and was replaced with yellow green grass, the small house was in sight. Situated underneath and around trees, it was shadowed underneath the canopy of the leaves. "Into the house! Run!" Gandalf shouted and stopped when he reached the gate, with each member that passed, he kept his eyes on the woodland they had just left. "Come on! Get inside!" He watched as the still woodland got suddenly ripped apart by a huge black form. It crashed through the trees and the bushes and was making its way steadily closer to them. "Open the door!" He too turned away and started to move towards the door which everyone was seemingly having problems opening.

Being near the back of the group, Thorin pushed forwards and reached out for the clasp which was acting as a lock. Pushing it up, the surrounding group hurtled forwards into the new open space. Shutting the door was as hard a job as seemingly opening it, no sooner had the thick wood been eagerly pushed, did it suddenly get shoved by the large head of the huge creature which was previously chasing them. With a great struggle the door did eventually get shut, it was something the creature wasn't happy with because it let out an irritated growl.