**

"You be nice to that girl." Casey yelled as he walked out of the house. He smiled, knowing full well she knew he was just a pussycat in lion's clothing. When he arrived at her house he knocked before trying the door. He frowned when it was unlocked as he made his way inside.

He was going to have a serious talk with her. Even thought they were on his property, it didn't make it safe. At least not anymore. He was lost in thought and didn't notice here right away. When he did he froze. His first thought was. She knows.

She was sitting in a chair with her knees to her chest and her head down. Yet he knew, the cat was out of the bag. She put her legs down and looked him straight in the eyes. "You knew?" was all she said. Oh shit, oh shit....

He tried to smile, "knew what? Why aren't you at work? The mustang is getting put into the coral with the females in heat this evening?" She just looked at him with that blank look. Damn, she knew.

"How'd you find out?" he asked quietly. She tossed a balled up paper at him. Then another. He opened it up and his jaw fell. Crap, then he unfolded a check and had to whistle. "Well at least the bitch." He covered his mouth with his hand.

She just looked at him. "Say it, it's what she was."

He shook his head no and she shrugged. He got up and she followed him with her eyes. "I'll call your father."

"No!" she yelled out as she stood and ran out the door. Mike wasn't sure what to do. So he high tailed it back home. His Casey would know what to do.

Meanwhile Rose wasn't sure how long she ran or in which direction she went. All she knew was that she was tired of everything. The sound of giggling stopped her. She walked through the bushes and followed it. There behind a cabin was a little girl. She walked up to her slowly. The little girl looked at her curiously as she saw Rose approach.

"Want one?" She asked as she held out a cookie.

Rose smiled and accepted one. "What are you doing out here alone?" She asked her. The little girl looked around then with her little finger asked Rose to come closer.

"Gamma's sleeping and I wanted to play with the chicken babies." She said as she pointed at a hen that was covering several baby chicks.

"How old are you?" Rose asked the little girl smiled and held up three little chubby fingers. "Well, I think you should go back inside now honey. There are wild animals around. You wouldn't want to get hurt would you?" She knew it was a mean thing to do, but she had her own worries at the moment. She didn't want to add a stray three year old to them.

Once Rose put the little girl in her house and once the door was locked she began to walk again. She smiled wondering if she had been a hand full at that age. That only made the tears fall again. After more hours of aimless wondering she found herself back at the barn. She hide inside watching everyone work. They truly were a well-oiled machine.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to see the mating of the mustang with several of the females. Once upon a time that would have fascinated her. Yet now she wasn't even seeing anything. All she kept think about was whether or not she would end up like her mother. So what if she was still a virgin at the age of 23. That meant nothing. What if she cheated on the man she married? What if she was destined to become everything she now despised?

So many questions and no answers. She was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to see that everyone had left. She was the only one there now. Fitting, that she was alone. She finally gave up and crawled out of the corner she had been hiding in. She had cried herself out hours ago. Now she only felt tired.

She had not made it far when she heard a voice behind her. "Where you hiding there watching the mustang mate all those females?" Steel asked "Or where you just trying to get me alone again?" The look in his eyes had her worried. He looked angry, drained and so not like the Steel she knew.

She frowned at him in confusion." Excuse me?" was all she said as she stared at him.

He walked over to her and gripped her by the arms. "I'm sick and tired of having to fend you off. If all you want is a roll in the hay, then it's your lucky night. I'm tired of doing the right thing. Time to do something for me. Did you get turned on watching the animals mating?" He whispered in her ear as he turned her around.

She was still confused about what he was talking about. Did he think she had been stalking him today? He backed her up until her back hit the wooden fixture that was to the right of the barn. "Do you know what this is? This is where the females get strapped in when they're in heat but reluctant to mate. We have to strap them in so they don't bite or try to run from the stud."

She froze as he grabbed her arms and pulled them over her head. Still she said nothing to him. Not even when he tied her arms to the top post. The only thought that entered her head was, that maybe this was what she needed to forget about everything. At least for tonight.