Thanks for reading!

Look for the sequel to Plagues, Emergency coming soon. The game will continue to change.

From chapter 1 of Emergency:

“What were those kids like?” I asked Marcus, leaning in from the backseat as he drove.

 He shifted in his seat and glanced in his mirrors.

 “What did I say about talking about them?” he said firmly.

 “I'm just curious.”

 Dmitri and Marcus exchanged a look. Dmitri showed a small, warm smile and nodded back at me. Marcus sighed.

 “Well,” he said, “there isn't much to tell. They got a vamp to work with them to figure out our plans, but they really weren't capable of much, and thus did not amount to much. At least not then; who knows what they're up to now?”

 “How old were they?”

 Marcus shifted again.

 “About your age when you were bitten,” he said.

 I nodded, impressed some teens secured a mole.

 “How come you're bothered by them so much then?” I asked.

 “They're not worth my time,” he said with finality.

 I nodded and backed off, settling back into my seat. Marcus flashed Dmitri an annoyed glance.

 I caught Dmitri's double take before he tapped Marcus' shoulder. He pointed up ahead where I was already looking. Coming up on our left was the church we passed. Marcus slowed as we approached the church engulfed in a brilliant blaze running up the walls and seeping along the roof. Marcus stopped hard upon gunshots, our seat belts locking against us. He signalled for us to be ready. Dmitri brought his handgun into his lap as did Marcus. At some trucks just on our left shoulder, a group of vamps were exchanging fire with some of those guys who were hanging around earlier. They were protecting another group of people throwing buckets of water on the flames. They had already lost a couple of guys. Some vamps took hits, but only paused while stumbling back from the impact of the round. It didn't take long before there was no one left at the church to return fire, and those trying to put out the blaze fled. The vamps advanced forward, some to fan the flames, the rest to chase down the humans in retreat. A small group remained at the roadway standing guard. Marcus crept the truck forward. At the trucks, he stopped and made eye contact with the vamps on guard and he held his pale fist high in the air, his fingers facing them. They returned the gesture, one of them cheering. It was a gesture of vamp solidarity started by the Lunar Republic.

 As we drove, I saw a couple of vamps, probably the ones who were hit, going to feed on the bodies of their kills.

Look for Emergency coming in the next year! :)