Coming (p.1)

A soft breeze blew steadily through the area, and starlight sparkled miles above like bits of sand on a translucent beach. The chilliness of the air hung almost palpable to the prince, but as he sat in still solitude above his treehouse home, his mind swam with thoughts. Just hours before, he'd confessed to the army during dinner that he was gay.

"Are you sure?" Ryoma and Xander had questioned harshly in unison and awe. Leo's eyes had grown until his eyebrows pushed up under his bangs, and Takumi coughed up his soup and departed hurriedly from the dinner table. Camilla and Hinoka ushered the younger sisters out of the room against their will along with everyone else under the orders of the older brothers, where they then bombarded Corrin with so many questions he quickly lost his appetite.

"What do you mean you're gay?" Remarked Xander, still in disbelief.

"Well... I like guys." Corrin responded.

Ryoma butted in. "Which guys?"

"I don't know... guys I find attractive..?"

"But which ones?"

"I don't know yet, really—"

"Then how in the world do you know this?"

"Well, I suppose it's just a feeling..."

"You haven't... you haven't had any sort of... sexual intercourse with a guy, have you?"

"Wh—?!..?"

To this, the youngest rose up from his seat abruptly and began gathering his dishes.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up. It was a mistake. I was unaware of the trouble it would cause— I apologize. I'll excuse myself now."

And with that, he'd scampered off from the room, attempting to wrap his head around all that had just happened and trying hard to control his emotions until he could at least make it out of the facility.

Hours later, here he sat, his mind not once wavering from all that had occurred. He didn't know if he regretted confessing or not— on one hand, his social relationships might be rocky once more for a while, but on the other, it felt good to let the long-held secret out. Surely his family and friends would accept it in time, right? Corrin knew this to be true, for he knew his siblings especially loved him enough to soon look past this sudden confession. However, he thought, he just couldn't estimate how long it might take.

A sudden grunt disturbed the unbroken silence. Corrin jumped and inhaled sharply before turning to see Niles settling down beside him.

"What goes, little prince?"

"How did you get up here?!"

"That's unimportant." The outlaw waved his hand dismissively as if the question made no sense. Corrin disagreed, but was too awestruck to really do much about it.

They sat in silence for a moment or so, and the entire time, Niles's gaze remained upon the other. Corrin was steadily growing more and more uncomfortable, until finally, he couldn't take it any longer.

"May I help you?"

"Sure."

"...And how might that be?"

"You could answer my question, for starters. Or are you unfamiliar with having to listen to someone else after being on your own for so long?"

The silver-haired male was taken aback. Completely disregarding the first half of what his unexpected companion had said, he zoned in on the last part, insulted.