"Wh...at? This is your pad?" She was tongue-tied.

"Yes, MY PAD."

"I...Luis...gave me this room...and..." She said, still feeling confused.

"Stupid boy, he knew I was coming tonight."

"He knew? Oh God!" She went towards the master's bedroom and remembered her luggage was still downstairs. She looked at her dirty clothes on the bed.

She turned around and saw him following her. "Okay! I get it. If you don't mind, I need a little privacy, so I can get dressed and leave. If I had known, I would have never set foot here. Luis failed to inform me that you occupy this room."

She really hated the man. She couldn't believe she was caught in this very awkward situation! For years, she avoided meeting Iñigo. She didn't attend several social events and parties in the past five years for fear of meeting him. She hasn't forgiven him, and the sight of him made her blood boil.

Then she remembered her dream just a while ago. Did he really kiss me? Or was it only a dream? She thought. She bit her lips, until she felt pain. No, I don't think so. It was only a dream for sure.

"You can stay here. I'll use the other room." Iñigo said.

"No thanks. I would be too happy to move to the bunkhouse." Anywhere in the world, as long as I am too far away from you. She wanted to add.

He gave her a crooked smile and said. "You never changed, Chloe, still so spoiled and hardheaded. You can't stay at the bunkhouse with the men. Besides, I don't want your brother or your father accusing me of being a cad."

"Why not? That's what you really are."

He raised an eyebrow and said. "You really hate me."

"No, hate is too subtle to describe what I feel for you, loathe is the most appropriate word. I despise you, and I can't bear being in the same place as you, not even for a single minute." She snapped angrily at him.

He sighed, staring at her intensely.

"I'll get your luggage downstairs, so you can get dressed and take a rest." He said and went out of the master's bedroom.

She was sitting on the king-sized bed with her arms around her. Her heart was pounding, and her face felt hot with anger. She felt like everything that transpired five years ago came back, her confrontation with Iñigo during her sixteenth birthday. The things he said haunted her. You are so clingy...possessive...demanding...I want freedom from you! Her tears started pooling in her eyes, and she was trying so hard not to shed a single tear. She didn't want Iñigo to see her cry now and ever again.

After a minute, Iñigo knocked on the door before he opened it. He saw her sitting on the bed. She was not looking at him when he entered the master's bedroom, totally ignoring him.

She looked so young and beautiful, hugging herself. He wanted to comfort her, protect her, and keep her safe. Something stirred inside him. An uncontrollable feeling that he kept hidden for five years. He didn't like the thought of her ignoring him, avoiding him, and most of all hating him.

"Here's your luggage. You can take a rest now. Don't worry, I won't bother you, even provoke you again. I understand that you can't bear to see me. I'll do my very best to stay out of your way. That's the least that I could do to ease your hatred of me."

She didn't answer him.

He rubbed his hands together and turned towards the door. When he was about to open the door, she stood up and went nearer him.

"Did you kiss me in the tub?" She asked with courage. She wouldn't have peace of mind unless she knew the truth about the kiss, if it was real or just a dream.

He sighed and stared into her eyes. "Yes. I'm sorry...I couldn't help it, you looked so beautiful, and you still affect me so much... I couldn't stop feeling the same way, I... "

Iñigo wasn't able to finish his words. Chloe slapped his face forcefully.

He didn't look stunned or shocked when he stared at her. He was expecting it to happen. He touched his face and said. "I deserve it." Then he was gone. 

This story is now available on YONDER, your next-generation reading app from the Wattpad family

Join me on YONDER today! Find it now in your app store.

https://yonder.onelink.me/6vpb/46a0c21e

icon lock

Show your support for Neilani Alejandrino, and continue reading this story

by Neilani Alejandrino
@sweetdreamer33
After overcoming a traumatic heartbreak as a teenager, Chloe struggle...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 25 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetdreamer33.