3.11 | Two Sides

Začít od začátku

I did not want that. My fingers wrapped around his wrist, stopping him but he still nudged me safely behind him. We needed to find Lavanya and Aarav right now, not let violence get the best of the situation. "Cut the crap, Vivek. Just tell us what we need to know."

A chuckle escaped his throat as he walked around us and settled on the sofa. It was starting to get to me how carefree he was behaving. "Oh dear, we are meeting after so many years. Atleast be polite and greet me before asking me for favors. Or, did you forget how that last favor ended?"

Even holding Arnav's wrist didn't stop him this time from pouncing towards him and grabbing a hold of his collar. "You bastard, don't you dare say a word to her or I will end your petty life with my own two hands."

He smirked, tsking. "Arnav, now, that is no way to treat old friends, is it? Or your son's uncle."

Arnav pulled him up on his feet, gritting, "Uncle? You will never be his uncle. You don't care about Aarav, or even your own sister."

"That's right. I'm not his uncle. You are, aren't you?" Arnav froze his hearing that, and so did I. We suspected they knew, but this was a confirmation. Vivek peeled his hands off his own collar. "That's right."

I snapped at him, hurrying along the process. "What do you want?" Seeing him boosting about was the last thing Arnav needed. Vivek glanced at me, pretending to be innocent. I rolled my eyes, "You have them. You both obviously want something in return. What is the price?"

He scoffed, "It's amazing how quickly both of you turn to conclusions about me."

Well... it's not like he was a saint.

He continued, "I don't have them."

"You or Shyam, does it matter?" Arnav said.

"Yes, it does." Vivek countered, crossing his arms over his chest. "I wouldn't kidnap a kid. He would." We both must have unbelieving expression on our faces for he continued to express, "Believe me, I haven't done anything to Aarav. Neither do I know Lavanya's whereabouts. The only reason I am here is because I got her voicemail a few days ago saying she wanted to meet. The door was open when I came. I figured she was checking the mailbox or something and just then, you walked in."

More than me, he was looking at Arnav, as if he needed for him to believe him. Arnav, however, didn't. "I am not falling for your lies again. I know better now. If you're not going to help, get lost."

Vivek exhaled, looking dejected. I had no idea what to think. He proceeded to leave, but turned around at the doorway. "I honestly don't know where they are, but please find them. If they are with Shyam, I don't want to think of what he'll do to them."

My brows narrowed. He sounded so genuine right now... but can he really be trusted? He could be just manipulating us. He could have some bigger end game. When his back was facing us, ready to leave, I gave in to that tick at the back of my head telling me that some puzzle pieces didn't fit. We didn't have the full picture. "Why did you send those messages?"

His brows were knitted in confusion when he faced me again. "What messages?"

"Don't pretend, Vivek. You know exactly what I am talking about."

He took a step towards me. The muscles at my back clenched, my throat gulping. I fought every ounce within me to remain brave against him. "I really don't."

I opened my mouth to speak, but before voice would comply, one came from behind us.

"Dad?"

All three of us looking around at Aarav. A huge wave of relief passed over us. Arnav at once rushed to him, crouching on the floor and scooping him up in his arms. "Aarav. You're okay." After an embrace convinced him that Aarav really was here, he pulled back and started pulling at him hands to check for injuries. "Are you hurt? Did someone...?"