Chapter Four

"Do you know where Alex went on March ninth?" Reid asked. 

"I have no clue. All I know is that he went out for some fresh air," Olivia said. 

Reid wrote what she said down in his notepad. He even took into account the way she said it. She sounded as if she had some idea as to where he went, but at the same time had on a look that reflected unclarity of his exact whereabouts. He stopped jotting down notes to look at her as she was intensely looking at him, waiting for any other question he had conjured up in his brain.

"Mhm, well, Alex's body was found in some bushes behind an abandoned parking lot, and his car wasn't found," Reid said. 

Olivia had a puzzled face on. "Why would they dump him in a bush in the parking lot?" 

Her demeanor actually showed that she was confused as to where Alex was found. She looked for an answer to come from him, but he just simply shrugged in response. He didn't want to give away any important details only the unsub would know. She looked at his satchel where a file was sticking out. She looked back at him to see he had turned his head down to continue jotting notes.

"Can I see the photos you took of him?" Olivia asked. 

Reid looked up from his notepad in disapproval. "I don't think you want to see them."  

"Just show me," she insisted. 

Reid sighed as he pulled out the case file from his satchel and pulled out the photos. He laid five photos out on the coffee table. Olivia closed her eyes and took a deep, shaky breath before she looked at them. She stared at each photo for a long while, almost as if she was analyzing them one by one. Reid looked at the photos and then looked at her. 

'Wonder what's going through her head,' he thought. 

Tears started to overflow from Olivias' eyes and Reid immediately noticed. He swiftly collected each photo off the table. He felt horrible. He knew he should have been more strict about withholding the crime scene photos from her but he couldn't overlook the need for closure in her eyes.

"I think that's enough photos for one day," he said. 

She looked at the table still as if she was in a trance. As if she couldn't believe her once alive fiancé was now a victim to a mass murderer. Her whole mannerism was concerning to him since she didn't blink or move her face once.

"Olivia, are you okay?" He asked.

She turned her attention from the coffee table to Reid without turning her head completely, just her eyes. Reid was a bit startled by her sudden movement but didn't react to it negatively. He wasn't startled by her jerky look, but by the pain he saw deep within her hit him more than any other look he's ever seen.

"Umm, do you want to continue or do you want me to leave?" he asked. 

"No, don't leave, please," she said as she turned towards Reid on the couch. 

"Don't worry, I won't," Reid assured her with a quick smile. 

She smiled back as she wiped away her tears with her hand. He took out a photo line-up of Kelly, Ryan, David, and Zack to show Olivia. He hoped she had some information on any of these victims to help with their investigation.

"Do you know any of these victims?" Reid asked.

Olivia took the photos from Reid and looked at each one of them carefully. She nodded her head. He looked at her surprised she knew all of them. He found it a strange coincidence how she knew all of them considering Alex was a part of the victim list. He started to wonder if they all hung in the same circle.