You nearly choked on your own gasp when your mum said that. This was real, this wasn't fake. The woman actually died. Gulping, you looked at your mum. Your palms beginning to sweat horribly. "And apparently a young man at the milk bar down the road died as well, murdered the police say," Your mother gave another empathetic sigh. "They didn't get any footage of the crimes, apparently the cameras were all covered with the rubber of balloons," she chuckled,"almost as if a clown killed them."

Your throat clogged up, your heart began to race. Oh god, this was real. Coughing aloud, you decided to act alright. Bothering your mother wouldn't do any good here, and maybe it was just a coincidence your friends possibly hired this clown? "That's a shame," you chocked out, reaching over and grabbing your coffee. Taking a large sip to chug down the ball of fear and nerves in your throat. The burning substance almost feeling gentle against the fear you were feeling now. "So did the school say I have to go on Monday? Or are they investigating?" You asked, hoping to god you didn't have to go. Not knowing what would happen.

"You're still going," your mother shrugged, standing up and stretching. "I'm gonna shower," then she walked off. Leaving you alone with the television, coffee and the dreadful thought of Pennywise. You had to tell someone. The police weren't an option at the moment, you had to wait until you could ask your friends. Maybe you should call them.

Making up a decision to call your friends, later on, you walked back to the kitchen. Placing the half-empty coffee mug on in the sink. Turning it upside down and watching as the substance slowly slithered down the pipes, disappearing into the plumbing. Completely losing your appetite from the conversation with your mother. Sighing, you turned the tap on. Expecting clear, crisp cold water to flow out, but found the opposite. Screaming, you took a step back, looking at the blood trickling its way out of the tap. It wasn't flowing fast, just a small trickle of blood. You gagged at the sight, smelling it and turning around. Covering your mouth as you processed this, then turned around and turning the tap off. Looking at the bloody sink.

"Mum!" You gasped, running upstairs, tripping halfway, before pushing yourself back up and darting towards the bathroom door. Hearing the shower-water splash again a person's body and tiles. But you weren't taking any risks, for all you know that could be blood splashing against a body and tiles. "Mum!" You shouted, pounding on the door.

"What?" You heard a grumble in response.

"I... Having a nice shower?" You replied, realizing that your mother wasn't under stress nor fear. She was completely and utterly fine. The grunt from the other side of the door, and an annoyed yes signaled to you she was fine and frustrated with your sudden burst. So you left, walking back down the stairs to be greeted by the darkness of the lounge room. As if all the sun, all the light, joy, happiness had been removed from the house.

The crisp air whipped around you, almost hugging you. You gulped, taking a step forward as you held your hands out. Completely unaware of where you were walking. Suddenly you tripped over some sort of furniture, landing flat on the ground with a groan. The pain inflicted in your elbow which had grazed the carpet, giving you a carpet burn. Moaning in pain, you slowly pushed yourself up into a doggy position. Looking at the ground as you tried to get a hang of where you were. It was so dark, you couldn't see anything. Even the television was off. You moved your head around, looking from side to side before a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. Making you scream, feeling yourself being hoisted up against someone's chest. You began to thrash, elbowing the person who was holding you. Your elbow touched something soft, something almost wool like, circular. "Pom-Poms?" You murmured, stopping your vicious thrashing. You laid rag doll-like in the arms of the holder, closing your eyes as a breath tickled the back of your neck. Shivering, you wiggled around. Hoping to leverage yourself from the grasp.