Chapter One

Liza's P.O.V

I lay on my bed with my eyes wide open, lazily watching the ceiling fan's blades go round and round. I still cannot believe what just happened. He's gone. He's officially gone and I can't bring him back, no matter how hard I try.

I sigh out of frustration as I move my eyesight to the window, watching the birds fly high and the people walk down low. This place is beautiful. It's filled with amazing people, graceful creatures, and even more, but it doesn't feel like home. The home that I was familiar to. This place seems so off and it makes me uncomfortable to even come home to a house such as this one.

I hear my phone buzz.

I quickly shoot my head up, hoping for it to be him that's bombarding me. Even though I wouldn't mind if he was bombarding me. Nothing could ever make me angry at him.

I grasp ahold of my phone, my heart pacing fast and the beat beating loud as ever. I turn on my phone to see nothing but another basic text from my friend,

"What are you doing tonight?"

"What am I doing tonight? Well, I'm certainly not still going to try to comprehend how I let him slip away from me, so easily and so simply enough. I'm not going to try and let out screams of sadness and anger, that's for sure." I think to myself as I stare down at the plain text.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to let myself simmer down.

"I'm not doing anything." I hit the send button.

As I sit impatiently for my friend to send a reply, I start to wonder if I should actually go out and do something for once after he left. I mean, it could be fun. I probably won't get to go out for some time after this though, considering I'm a broken mess. But what can I do? Drink? Go out and party? What do women do when they're soul mate just walked out of their lives not even a day ago? If only I-

The loud buzzing I hear again distracted me from my thoughts. I see my phone light up and find a short reply from my friend,

"Cool. I was hoping we could go out tonight!"

Great. Going out. Just what I thought she would reply with, because you know, that is the basic way of getting over an ex, right?

I brush my thumbs against the keyboard of my phone.

"Okay, I guess that sounds fine, but who's we?"
"Oh, you didn't know?"
"I didn't know what?"
"David's coming with us!"

shit.