Jealousy (ten)

"Can you stop following me, Ciara? Seriously. It's getting annoying." I said, shoving her away in the middle of the hallway.

"You can't run away from me, babe." She said slyly. Anger flared inside me. 

"I am NOT your babe! Get the hell away from me!" I lashed out. Her eyes immediately softened and she almost looked apologetic for a second before a smirk appeared on her face. She walked closer to me, backing me up against the lockers. She traced her fingers along my jaw and I could feel her breath fan against my lips.

"Sooner or later, you're going to be begging for me to stay instead of pushing me away." She whispered in my ear, leaving me flustered as she walked away from me and went down the hall.

  I scoffed and continued my way to the parking lot.

When I was getting into my car, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around quickly and was met face to face by Maisie.

 "Oh h-hey Maize." I stuttered nervously. She gave me a "really" look before looking disappointed. 

"Really Emeri? When were you going to tell me that you have TWO girls chasing after you!" She yelled, looking angry and annoyed. I shrugged at her and unlocked my car door. I put my hand on the door handle when Maisie pulled me away and glared at me hard.

"What the hell? I need to get in my car Maisie." I said, pinching the bridge of my nose, trying to stop an incoming headache. She groaned in frustration and took my hand of my face. Her brown eyes were blazing and I could see how angry she was. 

"What the hell did I tell you, Emeri? Stay away from Ciara!" She yelled, attracting looks from other students in the parking lot. I ignored her and went in my car. She started banging on my window so hard I was afraid the glass was going to break. I pressed hard on the gas pedal and sped away from her.

"Get back here bitch!" She yelled as I flipped her off.

========

"So, what's up with you and Ciara?" Hayden asked nonchalantly as we sat on her bed, talking about random things. A few hours ago, Hayden called and asked if I wanted to hang out. I was feeling a bit guilty for talking to Ciara when Maisie told me not to, and was debating on whether or not to completely cut off Ciara for her.

"C-Ciara? N-nothing." I stuttered awkwardly, twiddling with my thumbs. There was probably a heavy blush on my cheeks and I was scared to look at her. I heard a heavy sigh and then I felt the bed dip more as she slowly moved towards me.

"C'mon, you can tell me. it's not like I'm gonna get mad." She said quietly, with a look of sadness in her eyes. I sighed and closed my eyes while I laid down on the bed.

"She's trying to get with me to get back at Maisie." I said, staring at the ceiling. Hayden laid down beside me and a blush reappeared on my cheeks.

"And that's a bad thing" She asked. I looked at her in disbelief. I sat up so quickly I almost gave myself a headache.

"What the hell? Of course it is!" I almost yelled, making her cringe and cover her ears. I regretted it instantly and pried her hands off her ears.

"Sorry. It's just that I-" I couldn't finish my sentence because I was scared of what I was going to say and what she was going to think.

"You what?" She urged me to go on. I looked at her dead in the eyes as I saw the heartbreak flash over them as I said,

"I think I'm falling for her."

=======

"You told her WHAT?" Maisie yelled. Oh, I was done for it now. 

"Nothing! Forget I said anything, I didn't say anything." I said quickly. After admitting to Hayden that I was falling for Ciara, I instantly bolted off her bed and hopped in my car as quick as I can. I arrived at Maisie's house just minutes after and now here we are.

"Oh shut the hell up! I can't believe you, Emeri! You know she's just playing with you, right? You're a fucking DUMBASS!" She screamed, not caring that her parents were sleeping just above us. I shushed her only to feel her hand slap across my face. The sound of the slap echoed through the kitchen.

I stumbled backwards and fell on my ass. My jaw hit the floor. I can't believe she did that. I couldn't stand at her choosing who I like, so I decided to fight back. I stood up and watched as regret flashed in her eyes but I didn't care. I ran at her full speed and tackled her to the ground.

"Stop it Maisie! I don't care that she's your enemy! She LIKES me!" I yelled at her face. She looked like she was about to slap me before her mom came running down the stairs, looking to see what the commotion was.

"What in the world is going on here, Maisie? Oh, hi Emeri!" She said, excited to see me. 

"Hey Linda!" I said, acting like I wasn't about to kill her daughter. I stood up and brushed myself off before leaning down, extending my hand down to Maisie. 

"We were just playing around, you see sh-" I couldn't finish my sentence as Maisie pulled my hand down causing me to slam against the hard wood flooring. 

"Stop Maisie!" Linda yelled, pulling Maisie off me as she continued to lightly slap me across the face.

"When. Are. You. Gonna. Learn?" She yelled as she was pulled off. I couldn't help but laugh at her face. Her hair was wild and she looked like a mad woman. I could tell she was holding back her smile before she burst out in laughter.

"What is going on?" Linda asked confused. Just a moment ago she saw us fighting and now here we are acting like friends again.

"I'm so gonna kill you later." Maisie said while laughing.

I cracked a smile, I could never fight with her.

Even if she is a bitch sometimes.