Chapter 31

Have you voted for BREATHE at the Galaxy Awards yet? No? What are you waiting for? It won't take more than five minutes of your time... Go over and vote now please. #muah
This chapter features both characters' POVs.
Enjoy!

Adrian's POV

I don't know what made her stop crying but I was glad she did. This is one of the reasons why I love her. She has passed through so many hurdles and challenges yet she is still strong and resilient. I ordered Fernando to get me a new door and asked them to make sure the door gets changed the next day unfailingly.

When I came in earlier with the detectives, the aroma of cake wafted around but because of the situation at hand, I couldn't speak about it but now that I'm in again, I couldn't let go of the thought that something delicious was around. The last time I ate was a few hours ago at work and now my stomach rumbled.

"What is this awesome aroma I'm perceiving right now?" I sniffed the air to emphasize my point.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I made you a surprise cake. Your favorite chocolate cake to be precise." She disappeared into the kitchen and came back to the living room with the cake.
I couldn't help myself, I grinned from ear to ear. She made a cake for me amidst her situation? I felt flattered.

"You made this for me? Come here" I spread my arms and urged her to hug me. She came readily and I clasped her to me hugging her tight.

"Adrian, you're suffocating me." Her voice sounded muffled and I loosened my grasp.

I began to rain kisses all over her face all the while saying "Thank you." repeatedly.

"You're welcome. But we can't just eat this cake only tonight. Let's order something and then eat it later. " She said after I released her.

I took a good look at the cake and saw what was written on it.

Thanks for everything, I love you

"Aw! Did you write this?" she nodded and I continued speaking

"I love you too. Always have and always will baby. Thanks again."

"Sure. Please order some Chinese. I'm starving."

I brought out my phone and dialed the Chinese food delivery service. I was friends with the owner and always got my order for free. After the call, I dropped my phone on the table.

"In case the food comes and I'm not here, don't give him money. My Chinese food deliveries are always free of charge. I need to go take a shower. I stink." I told her and started walking towards the stairs to take a quick shower. I heard her voice along the way and stopped to grab what she said.

"You don't stink. You always have this manly scent and your cologne is awesome. You always smell... Sexy." She said and winked.

Oh Lord, she'll be the death of me. I couldn't look back to see her for fear that I would turn around, grab her and kiss her senseless. But I had to take it slow in order not to mess things up.

What a long night ahead.

Isi's POV

I winked at him but he ran up the stairs without a backward glance at me. This got me worried. Did I say anything wrong?
I climbed up the stairs and into my room to take a shower also. The events of today rushed into my mind again. Who is Henry Sueco? I've never done anything to him. Even the times we met, I treated him with respect. Does it mean that he has a connection with someone else who was plotting against me?