Chapter 2

Love Sick – New Horizons

Chapter Two

Noh quickly hurried down the stairs, hastily tucking his school shirt into his blue shorts. He threw his school case onto the sofa and as he approached the kitchen P'Ann looked around and he could see she was grinning widely.

"Aha! So my threats worked eventually then, did they master Noh?" P'Ann started to chuckle to herself as she turned back to her cooking.

Noh couldn't help but grin back at her. "Okay, okay, you win! It was the threat of the wet flannel that finally made me decide to get out of my bed! Just you wait until my Ma comes back from England, I'm going to tell her what you did to me, you won't be laughing then, will you?" Noh sat himself down at the table, smiling happily.

"Oh, I'm not worried by your threats, young man! It was your Ma who told me to threaten you with the flannel in the first place!" Noh burst out laughing. "You women, I can't get away with anything can I, I suppose P'Im will be picking on me next! I don't know, it's like having three mothers, the way you gang up on me!"

P'Ann started dishing up the breakfast and brought it to the table. "It's only because we all love you Noh, you'll appreciate us when you're older, you'll see."

"Hum, I'll take your word for that! This food looks good, thanks P'Ann." Noh started tucking into his breakfast, realising he was actually happy to be up in plenty of time to eat before school. As he was eating, he heard his phone beep. Quickly looking at the screen, he saw he had a text message from Phun.

"Morning Noh! I hope you slept well. Have a good day at school. Text me if you get chance. Love you. X"

Noh smiled, his heartbeat racing. He quickly responded.

"Morning to you Phun! I slept well after we had our chat. I'm just having breakfast. Enjoy your day. I'll text again before I go out this evening ok? Not sure what time I'll be back tonight. I love you too!"

A few seconds later a smiley face appeared on the screen. Noh sighed with pleasure.

P'Ann gave Noh a knowing smile. "You look happy Noh, I'm guessing that was your boyfriend Phun?" Noh grinned as he was finishing off his food. "It was, he gets to look around the University today, I'm hoping he'll enjoy the experience. These next three years are important, aren't they? We need to be sure we pick the right courses for ourselves. I'm quite looking forward to going to visit my chosen Unis next week as well."

"Well, I'm glad you're both being sensible about it all Noh. Now, you'll need to get a move on, it's getting late! Oh, it's tonight you're going out with Ohm isn't it? Are you coming home first, or going straight to Siam?"

"I'm going to nip home first to change my clothes, then Ohm is picking me up."

P'Ann looked surprised. "Oh? Ohm's Ma forgiven him at last for denting her car, has she?" Noh couldn't help laughing.

"Yes, once he'd paid for the repair with the money he'd been saving for a new guitar! But I wouldn't like to be in his shoes if he does anything else to that car. I did offer to drive but he insists he wants to use his Ma's, seeing as it's cost him a lot of money!" P'Ann and Noh laughed together and after picking up his case from the sofa, Noh bade P'Ann farewell, and slipping his shoes on, hurried off to school.

It was a strange day for Noh at school. He knew Phun wasn't there of course, but found himself still looking for him when they changed classrooms for different lessons. Ohm was aware his friend was looking around and put his arm across Noh's shoulder. "He's not here Noh, I can see you're still looking!" Ohm grinned at his friend, and was rewarded with an elbow in his ribs.