'You good?' Leo asked once I stopped making weird faces.

'I guess.' I looked down the men. Once was shot in the head and the other one was shot twice in the chest and my knife was stabbed in his thigh. Well we lost our bonus because of it. I limbed towards a man and kneed down.

'What actually were you thinking?' Leo asked.

'Trying to get away from you I guess.' I shrugged and gripped the knife handle.

'I told you not to.'

'I know.'

'Then why?'

I huffed, unclenched my fingers from the handle and stood up, facing him. 'You know what? You tell me a lot of things but your cold posture didn't help any of it.' I retorted.

He took a step forward. 'I have a whole lot experience than you. It's better for you to listen to me.' He hissed. 'We're partner for reason.'

'Exactly.' I clapped. 'We're partners Leo. But I don't feel it. It's always you telling me what to do where to go and blah blah. Ever considered listening to me?'

'Elsa I have more experi—

'Oh for God's sake! Stop your experience shit! I know it. But experience doesn't mean you can't listen to anyone else!' I exclaimed. 'If you have these many problems then why don't you go and team up with some more experienced?'

Leo stared at me. His calculating eyes bore into mine. I stared back mustering up the courage. A muscle in his jaw spasmed. He took a deep breath and finally spoke. 'Let's go home. We'll inform dieners and agency about their location. I reckon they'll be here quite soon—

'Leo could you just leave?!' I said. Even though eight months had passed, for me killing was just as horrible as it had been the very first time I accidentally shot a kidnapper back in the head. The memory remained fresh and clear in my mind as if such accident just occurred yesterday and now , the blood from both of their bodies touted a oil spill—dark and horrible. I took a step back with my eyes horrifically wide opened.

'Come on now. We'll inform the dieners. They'll take care of it.' Leo said boringly.

'Could you just stop talking like that.'

'What? It's the part of this job. Grow used to it.'

I closed my eyes. I wanted him to shut his mouth. How could you easily say it like that? How could I grow used to it? And maybe, if this job continued, maybe I'll turn as him—bitter and cold. 'I can't.'

'You have to. Stop being such a little girl and crying over them.'

'I CAN'T!' I shouted at top of my lungs.

'Fine then! Keep crying and mourning! If you would've listened to me and stayed behind, this won't have happened. I'm going home now. If you wish to, you can come back!' Without another word , he turned around and walked away. His body hid in the dark and then his shadow—following him, disappeared too.

I decided walking away too. Their dead bodies were not bring tees in my eyes anymore, rather my will to puke only grew. I kneed beside a man and pushed out the knife out of his body. The blood seeped out of the already wound. I looked away and decided to go home. Maybe. I thought. If I go home, I'll be okay.