Chapter Two- The Threat

Adam heard my scream, only just... He ran out of the boat house, still half naked and toward Eben. 'Let her go!' He screamed, the anger eminating from him. I screamed louder, 'Help Me Adam!'

Eben turned my small body easily to stare into the wide eyes of Adam. 'Eben. Let her go.' He smirked, 'Not a chance, boy.' Adam's eyes grew darker, and he looked at me throughthe rain, 'Es. You have magic. Stop him.' I shook my head, unable to conjure any. I was weak, and Eben knew it. I tried to shake free of Eben's grip, but all to no avail. Tears rolled down my face freely, as I just couldn't see any point whatsoever in bothering anymore.

Eben was going to kill me. I felt the sharp blade in the middle of my back. For a minute, I didn't even mind... I'd just seen Adam and Cassie, practically all over eachother... Something told me they weren't just stock counting. Then, I had a surge of power and an idea sprung to mind with it.

I spun round, grabbed the knife from Eben's hand and plunged it deep into his chest. Before he could react, his life blood was flowing from his body, and I breathed a sheer sigh of relief. Adam just stood there, stunned that i'd actually just killed him, so simply. Thank goodness he'd come for me now, instead of when he'd obtained the demons...

Turning round and facing Adam again, I cleaned the knife on my skinny jeans. My eyes blazed with fury and I walked past him and down toward my car again. He shouted after me, but I ignored him. I opened my car door and started the engine before driving away, without one look back.