Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Katherine! Katherine, hurry get up!"

I flinched in my sleep, "No." I whined, snuggling deeper into my blankets, "Just leave me behind. I'll find some way to get over it."

I heard Scott run to my side of the bed, "Katherine, hurry! We have to leave!" He rushed out.

I opened my eyes, wincing at the sharp light that bounded me, "What the hell's going on?"

I watched as a full grin widened Scott's lips, "First day back at school." He cheered.

I blankly stared at him, narrowing my eyes as I pulled my comforter back up to my neck, "I cannot believe you'd wake me up because we have school. After everything I've done for you. God, you know what? You are an-"

Scott suddenly ripped my blankets from my warm body, dropping them a safe distance away from my bed, "We have to leave soon."

I screamed fiercely into my pillow, "Oh my God!"

I pushed myself up from my bed, shoving Scott out of my room, "I'm gonna be naked so don't come into my room." I warned.

Scott 'ewwed', "That's something I never want to see." He said from behind my bedroom door.

"Lots of people would disagree with that statement, Scotty." I teased.

"Ugh! Oh my God." He whined, "That's disgusting, I'm leaving now." He said, walking back downstairs.

I laughed to myself as I got ready, "This better be a good freaking day." I muttered to myself.

I looked to my phone as I got dressed, I couldn't help but open my message app and look at my most recent text from Isaac. Months ago.

I'm fine. Need to get away from Beacon for a while.

"Where are you, Isaac?" I whispered, sighing as I shoved my phone back into my pocket.

Ever since we'd broken up, it's like he was a completely different person. It was one of the reasons I hid the secret from him, because I never wanted him to change. I also never wanted him to look at me differently. Both of which were apparently unavoidable, unbeknownst to me. It's not like there was a "Werewolf Girlfriends for Dummies" laying around.

"Katherine! Hurry up!" Scott called, "Stiles is here and you know what happens when we make him wait. I don't want him to find my pop tarts again!"

"You have pop tarts?"

"Katherine!"

I groaned, grabbing my backpack and my jacket before rushing downstairs, "Alright, alright. Jesus, give me some time."

"I did. Twenty minutes is more than enough time for you." Scott huffed.

I rose an eyebrow, "Scott-" I took a deep breath, cutting myself off, "Never mind." I strained. "It's not worth it, it's not worth it..."

Scott and Stiles marched behind me as we left the house, Scott closing in on me, "What? What were you going to say?"

Still not worth it...

I shook my head, leaning against Stiles' jeep, "Nothing." I shrugged, "You wouldn't understand and I don't really feel like dumbing it down. It's too early to start the day slow average."

Stiles snorted as Scott rolled his eyes, "Whatever, asshead."

"Seriously? What the hell is wrong with you?"

**

"You wanna ask Derek for help? Why, why?" Stiles groaned, looking to Scott and I as we marched down the school halls.

"He's got the triskele tattooed on his back. So there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?" Scott asked.

Stiles nodded, "Okay, yeah, but still, doesn't he have his hands a little full?" He asked, gesturing to the bulletin board beside him, Erica and Boyd's faces highlighting missing people reports.

Scott shrugged, and a thought suddenly popped into my head, "Maybe he burned it into his skin." I snorted, "Maybe he wanted to be poetic?"

"Poetic? Derek?" Stiles shook his head, "Those are two things that will never go together."

"Look, these are the applications for the career advisor. I need them sorted. And whatever happened to the library while I was gone, I want it cleare up." Our new principal demanded to the janitor, the three of us slowing down to watch as he slowly lifted a silver sword into our line of vision, "And what the hell is this?"

"Oh my God," I breathed, Stiles and I locking eyes at the man's appalled look.

Stiles quickly pushed Scott and I away from the door, "Go, go, go." He told us, covering his face as we passed the room.

I laughed with Scott as we rushed away from the room, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible as we walked to our next class. I looked to my phone as a new text from Allison popped up.

From Allison :
Come hang out with Lydia and I at our lockers before class starts!

I grinned, breaking away from the boys, "I'll see you guys in class." I told them, turning down a nearby hall.

"Wait! Where're you going?" Scott called.

"To hang out with people that aren't you." I teased.

"Hurtful." Stiles scoffed, finishing his walk with Scott as they got to class. "I thought we had our own little code."

I rolled my eyes at Stiles, "Uh, huh."