8

(

Thomas was sad. He really missed Richard. He wanted to be able to just talk with him again.

Thomas did feel a bit guilty.

He didn't know how to make it up to him though..

He always tried to talk to Richard, even though he had told him to not talk to him.

One night about a half hour before the coffee shop closed, there were not customers, so Richard sat alone at a table, drinking his own coffee.

He just wanted that day to be over already.

Thomas had came in and sat right across from him, surprisingly he didn't notice. He was exhausted and not paying attention.

"Richard."

Richard looked up. "You shouldn't be here."

Thomas slid a can of mtn dew over to Richard. "Well. I'm here anyways. I brought you this because last time you got in trouble for drinking it. Now you're safe."

Richard studied the can of soda, he gave it back though. "No thanks."

"Richard please just forgive me. I'm really fucking sorry, god damn it."

"You know the whole time I was away, I thought of you... When I bought my own place..I thought of you...For the longest time I wanted you...But as soon as I have a family.... You don't leave me alone? Why are doing this to me?!"

"I'm sorry, okay? I don't want you to hate me..."

"It's too late. I already do." Richard said in a low voice.

Thomas frowned, he began to get mad. "well fuck you! I thought we could be friends! But you obviously don't believe in fucking second chances. So fuck you and goodbye."

Thomas angrily left the coffee shop.

Richard sighed and closed the shop for the day.

_____________

_______