Nelson Piquet Jr. ~ Panasonic Jaguar Team

"This is the best surprise ever..." (1185 words)

A/N: Inspired by DannyRicc17's Stoffel and Max one shots

---

"Yeah, Nelson's just been unfocused lately and none of his crew members know why." Mitch, who was Y/N's husband's teammate, spoke as he helped her settle into her hotel room that was conveniently adjacent to his. "But, I knew it had to do with him being homesick and he missed you and S/N so much."

Y/N nodded her head as she held her little boy in her arms, "I can attest to that, he almost broke down when I facetimed him a few nights ago."

"I think he's going to be very surprised to see you and S/N here in Paris," the New Zealander giggled as he pulled silly faces to make S/N laugh, "I got everything set up with the team for tomorrow's race and it should be good to go. Thank you for coming here on such a short notice."

"It's not a problem at all, Mitch," she laughed and carefully handed S/N into Mitch's arms, sensing that he wanted to play with the little Piquet, "we missed him too, so this works out both ways."

"I think the little Piquet loves being here in Paris," he chuckled at the little baby in his arms, who was taking in the sight of the French capital city, "don't you, S/N? Yes, you do, yes you do!"

S/N giggled and happily babbled as he clapped his hands and smiled at his mom and Uncle Mitch. He let out a quiet and adorable yawn, which made Mitch hand him over back to Y/N.

"I'll see you both tomorrow at the circuit," Mitch nodded his head as he got up from his seat and headed for the door, smiling to himself as he predicted his plan was going to work.

---

"Y/N and S/N! It's nice to see you two again," Nelson's engineer, Paul, smiled as he saw the little family make their way into Nelson's garage. "He's out on the grid right now," he spoke up as he handed Y/N a pair of headphones, which she didn't expect. "But, I think he'd appreciate a message."

"Are you sure about this?" Y/N asked Paul as she juggled between holding the baby boy and adjusting the headphones onto her head. Paul nodded his head and waved off her worries, urging her to say something.

"Hi, honey," she smiled and started to speak up, catching Nelson's attention, who was surprised and happy at the same time. "S/N and I just wanted to wish you good luck before the race. You're going to do great, honey, we believe in you."

"Y/N? Is that you, sweetheart?" The Brazilian spoke up as he was unsure whether he was daydreaming or it was the actual reality.

"Yeah, it is, Nelson," giggles erupted from her lips, which was music to his ears, "S/N and I love you very much, once again, good luck with the race and we believe in you."

"I love you and S/N too," Y/N could imagine the smile on his face, "I'll make you both proud."

---

"You are 300 meters behind Rosenqvist. I repeat, you are 300 meters behind Rosenqvist," Paul spoke to Nelson through the team radio, which Y/N also heard. "If you overtake him on this last corner, you'll be the one to cross the checkered flag first."

"You think I can overtake him?" Nelson replied back to the message, unsure whether he could do it or not.

"Like Y/N said, we all believe in you, Nelson. We think you can do it." The engineer smiled as he observed Nelson getting ready to do the overtake. It felt like time was standing still for hours, but the overtake happened very quickly and soon enough, Nelson was now first place with the checkered flag a few meters to go. The car crossed the line and everyone in the garage cheered at the victory.

Soon, Nelson drove the car back to the garage, getting out of the car and removed his helmet and balaclava; hugging every member of his crew before he made his way to his wife and son.

"I love you, I love you, I love you so much," Y/N giggled as her husband started to pepper kisses all over her face and repeatedly proclaimed his love for her and their son, he was over-the-top about Y/N and S/N being there to watch his race, which had been rare since S/N was born and she was busy with work, so she and their little boy could only make it to a few races. "This is the best surprise ever! I'm so glad you two are here."

"We're happy to be here, honey," she smiled and kissed him on the lips for a New York minute before handing S/N over to him. "And, S/N and I so proud of you, Nelson. We knew you could do it, didn't we, S/N?"

He giggled as he bounced in his father's arms, which made the older Piquet grin from ear-to-ear. Nelson kissed his son on the forehead before kissing Y/N on the lips once more. "I missed you both so much."

"We missed you too, honey," Y/N replied back to her Brazilian husband and took a moment to admire her beautiful family, "but, I'm glad us three are here together."

"Once the podium ceremony is over, how about we spend the rest of the day together as a family?" Nelson's warm amber eyes looked into Y/N's dazzling E/C eyes, who agreed to the idea and nodded her head. "I love you both so much, my beautiful wife and my smiley little boy."

"I love you too, my handsome husband," she reciprocated his love and took S/N back into her arms and had him wave to his dad. "You love dad, don't you, S/N?"

"Dad!" Nelson's eyes widened as soon as he heard S/N talk for the first time. Y/N actually heard him talk for the first time a few days prior, but it was the first time Nelson had heard his son talk. Tears of joy started to spring up in his eyes, he was having the best day of his life.

"Yes, I'm your dad, little S/N," the Brazilian nodded his head and smiled from ear-to-ear as he looked at the little boy in his arms. Y/N smiled softly at the father-son moment Nelson and S/N were sharing and decided to take a photo, wanting to cherish this moment forever. "My beautiful family." Nelson kissed Y/N on the lips and S/N on the cheek; hugging them as he was afraid to let them go. 

---

Hi, I'm back with another update! I got one or two more Formula E drivers that I want to write one shots with before I get back to writing more one shots for F1 drivers; it's just that I like variety once in a while. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one, which will be with Mitch Evans. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀