Lance Stroll ~ Williams

"I wouldn't mind if you stayed here for the next few days..." (1140 words)

---

"Holy crap, I'm running so late," Y/N panted as she rounded the corner and walked into the Starbucks. Noticing that the line was very short, she stood in it and waited for a few moments until the barista called her up.

"Hi, what would you like today?" The barista asked Y/N as she quickly read the menu and decided on what she wanted to order.

"Hi, I would like a (your drink preference)," She smiled and started to fish for her credit card to pay for the drink.

"Alright, and will that be all?" They asked as they started to write the lingo for the drink on the cup and she nodded her head. The barista was handed the credit card from Y/N and administered the transaction before the card was handed back to Y/N and the transaction was accepted.

She thanked the barista and put her card back in her wallet before stepping out of the line and walked to the pickup area. Once her drink was available to get, she grabbed it and walked out of the coffee shop, not wanting to be late.

Looking at her watch as she took another sip out of the cup, she sighed in frustration as she only had 15 more minutes to get to her class. Seeing that the distance between the university she went to and her apartment was not significant; it can take anywhere from 20-40 minutes to go back and forth. Sure, she could get a car instead, but Y/N thought just walking back and forth was good exercise and an added bonus of getting to walk around the beautiful city that was Montréal.

"Heads up!" She heard a deep voice speak up and not having enough time to react to the stranger, her body collided with the muscular body. The drink (luckily now lukewarm) she had in her hand was now on her shirt, which made the teenage boy curse.

"Crap, I am so sorry that I spilled your drink," he helped her stand up and grimaced at the mess he had caused.

Y/N sighed in annoyance and shook her head, trying to stay positive, but she just couldn't. "It's fine, I promise. I should be the one who should apologize."

"Nonsense!" The dark-haired stranger shook his head and scoffed, "are you okay? I didn't hurt you in any physical way, did I?"

When Y/N stood up with the help of the teenage stranger, she felt pain course through her left foot. Wincing when she put weight on the same foot, the stranger immediately wrapped his arms around her shoulders and looked at her.

"Would you mind if I took you back to my place and look at your foot?" He spoke up but immediately added another statement, "I didn't mean it in a dirty way, but I just feel bad about what I did..."

"Eh, my class starts in ten more minutes," Y/N sighed, which made the boy shake his head. "But, I can't bear to walk anywhere because my foot hurts so much."

"I got you, I got you," the boy kept his arms around her and smiled softly, "I'm Lance, by the way."

"Y/N," she smiled back at him as she wrapped her arm around him, "nice to meet you, Lance."

"And the same to you, Y/N," he laughed as they both started their journey back to Lance's apartment.

---

"Here's a clean shirt," Lance spoke up as he walked into the living room, where Y/N was, and handed her the shirt. He went to the kitchen to give her some private time to get changed and got her the ice pack for her foot. Once he went back into the living room, he found her wearing his shirt and her coffee stained shirt next to her. Smiling to himself, he walked up to where Y/N sat and kneeled down on his knees as he inspected her foot.

"Is there something wrong, Lance?" Her mood turned into worry as she saw Lance staring at the bruised foot.

"It looks like it's swollen a whole lot more," he spoke up as he tenderly touched her ankle, which was elevated on his coffee table with a couch pillow underneath it. "Does it hurt when I move it?"

Y/N tried her best to hide her whimpering, but Lance caught on to her and nodded his head. He sighed as he went to his medicine cabinet and grabbed his medical kit before he walked back to Y/N.

"Are you studying to become a doctor or something?" She chuckled as she saw Lance carry the kit with him and he shook his head.

"Not exactly no," he laughed and shook his head as he started to press the freezing cold ice-pack onto her tender and swollen foot. "I'm more interested in racing."

"So you're a professional athlete, aren't you?" Y/N smirked as she felt him starting bandage up her ankle, to which he blushed.

"Yeah," he cleared his throat and hid his face as he continued to bandage her foot up, "I drive in Formula 1, but it's my first year..."

"You're the driver who got third place in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, aren't you?" Her smirk grew and Lance nodded his head as he looked up at her with a look of surprise. "Did I surprise you there, Mr. Stroll?"

By the time she finished her sentence, Lance was completely surprised she knew who he was. "Ho-how do you know me?"

"I grew up in a house full of Formula 1 fans," she smiled as she kept her ankle elevated and kept talking to Lance, "being a big F1 fan myself, I try to catch some of the Grand Prix's when I'm not busy with work or school."

Lance nodded his head as he finished bandaging her ankle and stood up, "your foot is all bandaged up now, but I wouldn't advise you to put pressure on it for another few more days."

"So, that would mean I'm stuck at your apartment for the next few days?" Y/N looked at the driver in front of him, "are you sure you're okay with it?"

"I got plenty of space here," Lance shrugged his shoulders as if space wasn't a big problem, "I wouldn't mind at all if you stayed here for a few days..." 

---

Hi, I'm back with another update! Should I write another part to this one shot? Because I felt like I left the end hanging, but I'll let y'all decide it. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will be about Pierre Gasly. And other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀