Chapter Eight: Part Two

Start from the beginning

I tried to speak but, I didn’t have words to say as to as I why I pushed him away from me. “I’m sorry, Liam.” I said, not sure what to do right now because I suddenly felt awkward.

He nodded and shrugged. “Whatever, it’s fine. Just I could have hit myself.”

“I’m sorry it’s just...”

“What?” He asked, taking a few steps closer.

I took a few back as he took his forward and when he stopped he realized what I meant. Or at least I hope so because he stood there and simply answered, “Oh.”

I sighed, turning around and looking at myself again in the mirror, grabbing at my collar again. I focused on what I was doing but, from the corner of my eye I still saw Liam walking back up to me.

My hands froze from what they were doing as I stared into the mirror, meeting his gaze in the glass that stood in front of me, reflecting both of our tired images. He took steps until he reached me. I could feel his body heat from where I stood, not turning around but keeping my gaze on his as my mouth parted as I kept my eyes on his.

I saw his arm reach over and two seconds after his hand was resting on my upper arm as he pulled me back a few steps, than turning me sideways, taking that one step in front of me. Our eyes locked upon one another as he stood close to me. Mimicking one of my recent moves, he takes my ands away from my collar, his hands wrapped loosely around my wrists, though unlike me he didn’t only take my hands away from undoing the stubborn button. No, Liam leaned his face closer, closing his eyes and pressing his warm lips against mine.

It wasn’t a snog but, it wasn’t just a peck.

The kiss didn’t last long, as he pulled away slowly, his face still close to mine. The touch of his mouth still lingered on mine, sending burning adrenaline through my now awakened veins.  I took a deep breath, unsure of what that was but, I was sure that if we would have kept going my heart rate would have gotten much higher, which I wasn’t exactly sure that was possible.

What the hell was going on?

Before he could do anything, I felt the need to just lean in and kiss him back.

It took him a few seconds before he kissed me back, deepening the kiss as his mouth got rougher on mine, rushing the kiss a little as his grip from my wrists slid down to placing his hands on either side of my waist, pulling me closer to his body. My hands now rested on his upper arms as I kissed him back, feeling his tongue part my lips as he made his way in, sending a new kind of rush through my body.

One that made me push him off me once more.

This time he smacked against the mirror which was, thankfully, screwed onto the wall. Breathing hard we made eye contact and I sighed, taking breaths before steadying myself in front of him and placing my shirt.

“I’m sorry, I just―”

“Guys.” A voice interrupted me.

Liam and I both jumped at the sound of Zayn’s voice as we looked over to the doorframe where he now stood, out of breath.

I raised an eyebrow; he had just gotten here so that means he hasn’t witnessed what happened but, right now that didn’t matter because Zayn seemed to be worried about something.

I groaned what now?

“What’s wrong?” Liam then asked, walking past me towards Zayn.

I felt a slight awkwardness before making my way to Zayn was well, standing next to Liam, hiding any kind of emotion besides confusion because I wasn’t sure what had just happened and well right now, about what Zayn was most probably going to tell us which by the look on his face doesn’t seem to be too brilliant.