10

Lorelai, Charlotte and Rory walked into Luke's and sat down at a table. "Hey." Lorelai smiled at Luke. "Geez, look at this place."

"It's a mess." Rory nodded.

"Hey." Luke said. "Nope, you can't sit here."

"Why not?" Charlotte asked.

"Three people got nailed in the head here earlier." Luke said.

"But their food was ok, right?" Lorelai asked.

"Will you just move?" Luke sighed. He then pointed to the door when Lorelai's cell rang. "Outside." He said.

"You know, if I sit here one more second, I just might be outside." Lorelai joked. She rolled her eyes when Luke just stared at her. "Order me some coffee." She told Rory and Charlotte before going outside.

Jess then appeared at their table and handed Charlotte an umbrella. "Trust me." He smirked.

"Oh, you are really funny." Luke grumbled from the counter. "You and Tom should put an act together." He said.

"I aim to please." Jess said dryly before walking away.

Luke shook his head before turning to Charlotte and Rory. "I'd leave it open." He admitted.

They sat there with the umbrella open when Lorelai walked in a few minutes later and sat down with a long sigh. "I'm going to a spa with my mother." She said.

"Lean forward." Rory told her, getting her to lean under the umbrella just as some debris fell down from the roof.

*******************************

Lorelai was sat on her bed the following morning as Charlotte and Rory walked around, helping to pack her suitcase.

"So, then we're all confirmed." Lorelai said on the phone. "Great. Thanks so much for your help. Ok, bye." She said hanging up. "Yeeessss!" She grinned.

"That was an evil yes." Rory commented.

"Not an evil yes. It's a 'yes, I'm pretty, but hello, I'm smart' kind of a yes." Lorelai explained.

"Oh sure, my mistake." Rory said.

"So here's the deal..." She told her daughters. "I go into my facial just as my mother is finishing her salt glow, which will end ten minutes after I've gone for my scalp treatment which puts me in the watsu massage pool at least six minutes into her back facial." She grinned. "So the day is so well planned I won't see her until dinner which will have to be cut tragically short sadly by the food poisoning I plan to contract."

"You are twelve and disgusting." Charlotte shook her head.

"And extremely petty." Rory added.

"I am trapped and desperate." Lorelai said.

"Do you really think you can avoid Grandma the entire weekend?" Charlotte said.

"Hey, I'm nothing if not a great organizer." Lorelai said. "Now, let's talk about what you two have got planned to do tonight. Throwing a party, I hope? Inviting hundreds of bikers and lowlifes who are going to trash the place?"

"I am going to do laundry, watch TV, order Indian food and go to bed early." Rory announced proudly.

"And I'm going to have Jess over and we're going to hang out in the bedroom all evening." Charlotte grinned.

"What?" Lorelai exclaimed.

"She's kidding, mom." Rory said shaking her head at Charlotte. "We've already agreed that the house is a no boyfriends zone and we're going to have a quiet night." She told her.