"We're lucky my brother is the beta, or we wouldn't have been able to move so quickly." Dad was saying, and I agreed. Although I would miss our old home, I wouldn't miss the pack. The alpha had lost his mate, and ever since then stopped being the alpha the pack needed He was corrupt and spent more time with a bottle than the pack. Wolves had run wild, and his own son, the next in line, was the worst. My father had decided to leave before things got any more out of hand. 

We'd left when the Alpha had decided that, because mums sister had been his mate, mum should be his next mate, and he began to threaten us, saying that he would kill me if my father didn't hand over mum. Usually most of the threats came when he was drunk, but recently he had been threatening when he was sober too. 

Dad pulled into the driveway of one of the giant houses and we all looked in awe at the groomed green gardens and the two story house in front of us. Like the other houses around us, it had white pillars that held up a small balcony, but the house itself was made out of brick and cement. The bottom of the house was made out smooth cement that was painted white, while the second story was dark brown bricks. The windows were framed by black wood that matched the wrought iron fencing on the balcony. The driveway was paved with a scattering of sand and grey tiles that led to a garage and the front door. Both were black in colour, contrasting with the white walls. To the right of the door were huge tinted windows that ran the entire length of the wall, all the way to the end of the house. 

"This is amazing." Mum squeaked, and we all laughed and exited the car. Walking into the house we were gobsmacked again. We entered into a small foyer, before stepping into the middle of the giant room. To the right was the lounge room, where the large windows sat, allowing the beautiful sunlight to light up the house. The room held brown leather couches and a huge flat screen TV, that  I saw dad drool slightly at, which made mum laugh and shut his mouth for him. Behind the couches we could see the kitchen, which was separated from the lounge by a half wall. We could see the clear sliding glass doors that led to the backyard, and a crystal clear pool. I squealed a little, and was all set on running to it when dad clamped a hand on my shoulder and suggested we explore the rest of the house. I nodded reluctantly and looked at the rest of our new home, a couple of steps behind my parents. 

To the left of the entryway was a single door, which I assumed led to the garage. In front of it was a set of grand stairs that led to the upstairs. The three of us climbed the marble steps quickly, eager to see what the second level held. The floors were entirely covered with a soft grey carpet, that I couldn’t help but kneel down and touch with my hands. It felt heavenly and I had to resist the urge to rub my face on it and purr. Mum and dad laughed at me, but I just stuck my tongue out at them.

There were two doors on the second level that I guessed were bedrooms. The first room was obviously the master bedroom and I didn't bother looking at it. I could already see mum was in love with it. I entered the second room, which was down the hall from my parents, and immediately I fell in love. I couldn't help it, even if I wanted to. The room was painted a lighter grey than the carpet, and it was honestly, quite large. The back wall was made entirely out of windows and I could see into the backyard of the house behind us, although I didn't want to intrude, so I looked away quickly, knowing I'd pull the black curtains closed later. The king sized bed was backed against the wall, running parallel to the windows. On the opposite side of the bed were two doors. One led into a huge bathroom, and the other was a walk-in wardrobe. I didn't think I even had enough clothes to fill it. There was a desk along the wall that held the door I came in from, and I could see myself working at it, the black chair that sat in front of it looked like a dark cloud that I couldn't wait to sink in to. 

"THIS HOUSE IS AMAZNIG." I yelled out, knowing my parents would hear me. They replied by laughing and calling out their agreement.

"Let’s get our things from the car, then go for a swim." Dad called out, and I let out a whoop of joy before barreling down the steps and out the front door to the car.