Confessions

(Ashley POV)

He pulls me close and unable to stop, I bump into his chest.

 "Can I help you?" He says sarcastically and I hit him while feeling myself blush again. 

I hate him so much.

 I try to pull away from him but he holds my right hand tight with his left hand as we skate in the circle again. 

I should complain but without him, I would probably topple over again. 

He takes in a deep breath as if he's contemplating something then turns his head to me.

"Do you remember the story I told AJ?" He asks randomly and I give him a curious look. 

"The one about soulmates? Yeah?" I respond and he loosens his grip on my hand a little.

"It's a true story."

I feel myself start to crack up from disbelief. 

"You're lying," I laugh but he gives me a serious look. 

"Nope. I swear it to you. My parents haven't told us much about their past but that's one piece to the puzzle I guess." He admits. 

"Really?" 

"Really." 

He reassures me and I start to wonder why he was telling me this.

We stay quiet for a few minutes as we skate around the rink twice before he starts again. As if he was just gathering his thoughts.

 "I used to think I had found my soulmate when I found Linda." 

He says and I feel the stabbing again. 

"Well yeah, you two were perfect for each other,"

I say quietly, hoping he doesn't catch onto my true emotions. 

"I've been doing a lot of thinking lately." He yawns and tightens his grip on my hand.

"Oh no, your wild thoughts usually lead to crazy things,"

 I say sarcastically and he ignores me. 

"I had been searching my entire life for this person, and maybe when I found Linda I was desperate." He continues. 

I start to see where this was going. 

Or so I thought. 

"So you realized mid-marriage she wasn't your soulmate." I point out. He nods in agreement. 

"I loved Linda. But I don't think she was the one." He sighs. 

"So you just have to keep searching then." I try to give him hope but instead, he just shakes his head.

"You don't get it do you,"

 Jonathan stops suddenly. 

I feel yanked back to him as I accidentally land in his arms. I try to pull away but he holds me there. 

"Get what? What is there to understa...." 

He lips suddenly touch mine as he kisses me gently. I close my eyes and take it in, feeling my entire body go numb at his slightest touch. My heart was racing and I was questioning if I was even alive and if this was real. 

I was slowly losing my shit.