1K ~ "Deleted" scenes ~ The Lost Video Logs, pt 2

Start from the beginning

"Alright. Hey, I think you left the camera-"

(The camera is turned off.)

Log 48

(When Gaster turns on the camera, he's grinning widely.)

"This is log forty eight of the folding project, but who cares about that?! We're finally ready for the preliminary testing!"

(He continues to explain a few details, while Sans and the other scientists ready the machine in the background. Then Gaster gets up, leaving the camera on to record the events.)

(The machine powers up.)

(There's a white flash, and a noise so loud the camera couldn't properly record it.)

(The camera goes to static, then eventually just goes black.)

Log 49

(Gaster turns on the camera. He's got bandages wrapped around the greater part of the right side of his skull, and has an arm in a sling. He's also wearing a hospital gown under his coat. Nonetheless, he seems to be in good humor.)

"Well, that was a total failure. We got a pretty good bang out of it, though!"

(He chuckles a little.)

"Sans has got a few broken ribs, and I got hit pretty hard in the head. I'm told it'll leave a pretty big scar, so I'm gonna have another crack in my face to look forward to. It's also likely gonna hurt like heck when these drugs wear off, but eh, I'm fine for the moment. Anyway, we're taking a break at the moment, for obvious reasons, but as soon as we're back on our feet-"

(He's cut off by the sound of a door opening, and Jeff's voice from somewhere offscreen.)

"Dr. Gaster?! You're supposed to be at the hospital! You're not even supposed to be out of bed! You-- you can't be here!!"

(Gaster is suddenly standing, shaking a fist in Jeff's direction.)

"I am the ROYAL SCIENTIST, young man! Don't you think EVEN FOR A SECOND that you can get off telling ME where to go and what to do, because I'm the DOG-BLASTED ROYAL SCIENTIST, and I can do WHATEVER THE FREAKIN' HECK I WANT, and I can do it WHENEVER I WANT TO, DANGIT! Do you hear me, Jeff?!"

(Jeff comes onscreen, gesturing placatingly, if a bit nervously.)

"Okay, okay, just- Calm down!"

(Gaster looks incredulous.)

"Did you not hear what I JUST SAID?!"

"Yes, yes I did! I-- just, I couldn't find you, and Sans wanted to know where you were, and-"

"Oh! Why didn't you say so?"

(Jeff just pauses, blinking.)

"... Exactly how high are you on painkillers?"

(Gaster just gestures dismissively.)

"Nothing hurts, so it doesn't matter!"

(Jeff sighs.)

"Look, why don't we head back to the hospital, and let Sans know you're okay? I'm sure he'd be happy to see you up and about."

(Gaster nods decisively.)

"Yes, excellent plan. I knew it was a good idea to hire you!"

"You only hired me because King Asgore made you. And then you lit my résumé on fire in front of my face and told me that would be me if I screwed up."