Azar Daughter Of The Flame

It was but a simple night in the central desert, the stars loomed over the landscape for all to see from afar and from up close. But what seemed to burn brighter then the stars was the flames in the city-state of Qishan, a not very known but still noticeable place. The streets were lit with the light from numerous flames mostly torches to keep things illuminated, many of the citizens were roaming the streets at this late hour. Soldiers were on post or patrol keeping watch for any rowdy activity, stranglers who had nowhere to go sleeping on the road, men and woman who would waste the night away by getting drunk and other foolish activities, even merchants were moving their cargo of fresh goods and even slaves around to make business. In Qishan there were no particular rules to follow, only those with authority had mattered in the slightest, while everyone else was left to fend for themselves.

Among those very stragglers was a young girl, she was running through the streets with a smirk on her face. She was wearing a tattered and dirty shirt and ragged shorts, her hair was dark shade of pristine purple, even her eyes were a beautiful shade of luminous green. But she was running through the streets for the sole reason that she had stolen a torch from a soldier, not caring about the consequences. Still wearing a confident smirk on her face she would dip and dodge any debris or obstacle in her way as the soldier yelled and chased after her.

"You damn street rat! I'll be sure to make your life hell when I catch you!" The soldier yelled out in a mix of anger and fatigue. He was panting as his armor clacked and bashed around when he ran, his chest was getting heavy and sweat was falling from his forehead and onto the dirt. The armor was weighing him down and he grew tired rapidly. He ultimately decided to give up as he stopped, hands on his knees as he caught his breath, the girl vanishing into the streets ahead, but not without voicing her mind.

"Screw you! As if you could make my life any worse, go back to being the lords lackey you tin man!" The girl shouted back as she held the torch high above her head in victory, excited that she managed to steal the flame from the soldier in one piece. Finally stopping herself among the numerous alley ways she made her way to her home. It was not much as she was apart of the slums like most children were, her feet gently dragging along the dirt as it swished in between her uncovered toes. Reaching the door to her run down shack she called a home she carefully moved the piece of tarp that was the door to the side and stepped inside, wearing a happy smile as she announced herself.

"Mother, I'm home!" She said with a voice filled with glee as she held the torch up high, illuminating the entire room. Her mother would soon gasp from the sudden light in her household, her expression returned to it's sweet motherly ways as she greeted her daughter back.

"Welcome home my sweet daughter, I see you have been quite active this evening. I must ask how did you acquire that torch?" She questioned her daughter curiously, having a vague idea of how she obtained the flame but wanted to hear her daughters answer.

"I stole it from a soldier, I hit him on the head with a crate and snatched it!" She said with quite the proud look on her face, the young girl thinking she had just conquered a mighty foe for the first time. Her mother would only giggle softly at her child's enthusiasm, she was worried of course for her daughter but living among the slums a child would grow up faster then average. Overall she brushed the dirt from her cloths and approached her daughter, slowing getting on her knees and wrapping her in a sweet embrace.

"You're such a lively girl, don't let anyone stop you from chasing your dreams sweetie. You sure gave that soldier quite the embarrassment!" She said lovingly as her daughter held her back in return, the torch still at a safe distance so nothing would get burned. She held onto her daughter for a few more moments before finally breaking the hug, that warm motherly smile spread across her lips as she looked at her child. "Well my dear, it's about that time when mommy needs to do her job, make sure to sleep well and if you go out again keep on the alert." She said patting her daughter on the head softly before standing up.