Chapter 13: Miss Me?

Start from the beginning

Get ready, Eastern. Clarence Meadow is back, stronger than ever.

~ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~

Jedrick

“Don’t you ever regret breaking up with Merilda?” Jed asked his best friend while they were at their lockers. The bell just rang for lunchtime and the hallways were packed with students, getting books in their lockers or chatting with each other.

Ash rolled his eyes at him, “No, Jed. Actually, I’m glad we broke up.”

Jed wasn’t too sure about this. Ever since the two broke up, Ash was all grumpy and moody. Well, grumpier and moodier than the usual. He wasn’t certain why he was like this, but he thinks it was because of the breakup.

Jed cocked an eyebrow, “Are you going to get another girl soon?”

Ash shrugged, “I don’t know. It’s almost summer anyway, and then we’ll be back at camp.

Jedrick knew being in camp would enlighten Ash. The camp was his home, next to the school itself. Ash was taken there in the age of eleven and they met there. Jed knew – from his own mother – that he was a son of Apollo. Jed accepted that right away.

The main hall was still full of people, even more than before.

The big doors suddenly opened and dramatically, everyone stopped talking and moving and moved their heads towards the door. Everyone just stared at the person standing there – including Jed and Ash. Pretty much everyone was gawking and the used to be busy hall was so quiet that you can hear a pin drop.

Jed can clearly see her: the girl (maybe their age) had soft dark brown hair that was partly curly and partly straight, she had blue dazzling eyes, which got attention of most people, she wore the school’s girls’ uniform, which consisted of a neat white blouse and a short pencil skirt and she also wore black polished heels.

The mysterious gorgeous girl walked through the hallway, and the students were clearing a pathway for her. She kept her hands relaxed at her sides and she walked swiftly with her heels the only sound heard throughout the hall. Jed can see a faint mischievous smirk creeping up to her rosy red lips. He found her a lot more attractive than Merilda – maybe she was even the prettiest girl in the whole school. The girl stared straight ahead, not staring back at the people who were gaping at her. She looks like damn Aphrodite, Jed thought.

Jed’s gaze moved towards Merilda, who was standing by the lockers opposite from them. She was glaring at the girl, completely jealous of her but of course, the girl didn’t seem to notice this at all. Joey was right beside her, staring at the girl with a lovesick face like most of the guys do. His eyes darted to Ash, who had a hard and cold expression in his face but he was still staring at the girl.

The girl reached the end of the hallway and disappeared in the corner. When she left, there was a series of murmurs among the students. They all wondered who the mysterious new student was. Jed heard compliments that she was pretty and might take down Merilda.

“Who the heck was that?” Jed asked out of curiosity, turning to Ash.

“I have no idea,” Ash said flatly, “Come on, let’s go to the cafeteria.”

They went there and ordered their lunch. When Ash split up with Merilda, the two of them sat in the far table in the corner, away from the popular group. Ash didn’t mind this at all, but Jed felt like an outcast, like most demigods at school. Demigods blending in with the mortal society were often treated badly.

A few minutes later, the mysterious brunette went in the cafeteria door. The place hushed down though, there were a few soft whispers from the students. Jed looked at Merilda, who was clearly sneering at the girl. The girl ignored the others, ordered a drink, and made her way towards an empty table…which was right beside Ash and Jed’s table.