Chapter 13: Miss Me?

Start from the beginning

Clarence planned to sleep in her dorm – she asked for her old dorm – during her free period or during lunch if she has extra time. Then at night, she’ll be fighting monsters and using her powers. Therefore, she wouldn’t wake up late for her classes.

“I am really going to miss you, Clarence. Are you sure you don’t want to go to camp? We can see each other that way!” Ami said.

“No, Ami. You can’t bribe, blackmail or bug me about it.” Clarence told her, “Plus, you have Matt and Damien with you, right?”

“But I want you!” Clarence flinched at her loud voice.

Lindy was chuckling, “That’s enough-“

Though, she was interrupted by the door opening. It revealed a middle aged woman, who Clarence found very familiar. She had light brown neatly tied up and green eyes. She was breathing heavily as she went to the kitchen and picked up a glass of water to drink. Ami and Clarence stared at her in bewilderment while Lindy just smiled at her warmly.

After the woman took a big gulp of the water she said, “Thankfully, I got here in time.” She took a seat next to Lindy, “I didn’t miss anything, did I?” The whole time, she was looking at Clarence.

“Of course not, Natalie.” Lindy answered her, “But I think you rushed up here, didn’t you?”

Natalie nodded, “The elevators were full, so I had to take the stairs. Luckily, I got here on time.”

Clarence and Ami were still confused. Who was this stranger?

“Oh girls,” Lindy turned to the both of them, “I invited her Natalie to see you, Clarence. She’s too busy for the past month, so when she heard you were leaving, she told me she wanted to see you. She was so interested in you.”

The woman beamed at her, “Hi, Clarence, I’m Natalie Mayden, Lindy’s niece and your aunt.” She turned to Ami, “And you must be Amelia, the daughter of Jupiter, right? Lindy’s told me a lot of things about you.”

Ami thanked her shyly while Clarence’s eyes widened, “You’re Jed’s mom?”

Natalie nodded, “Yes, and Lindy and I talk sometimes and she told me about you.”

Clarence moved her gaze towards her grandmother, “Does she know?”

“Yes, honey, I know who your mother is and the whole story,” Natalie answered for her. Clarence mentally face palmed herself. How many people – not to mention gods and goddesses – know exactly about her secret?

“And I think I shouldn’t be telling Jed all about it, am I right?” her aunt asked her, as if reading her thoughts.

Clarence smirked, “I’ll make Jed and Ash find out for themselves.” She had a mysterious for the two of them.

The four ladies chatted for a while and Clarence had grown quite close with Natalie. When it was finally time to go, Lindy, Ami and Natalie accompanied Clarence to the limo parked in front of the building. Clarence’s bags were safely loaded in the trunk. She stopped in front of the car and turned to the three of them, “Well, guys. This is goodbye.”

Ami had tears in her eyes again and she was the first one to take a step forward and engulf her in one last hug, “I’ll miss you so much, Clarence,” she whispered. Clarence hugged her back tightly and pulled away.

She then turned to Natalie and hugged her, “You’re the best aunt ever.”  She said softly.

“I’m glad to hear that, sweetie.” Natalie said.

Lastly, Clarence hugged Lindy. The girl found out there were tears flowing down cheeks, too, “Take care, Lindy.” She croaked.

“I will,” Lindy pulled away and kissed her temple. Then Clarence went inside the limo. Out the window, Lindy, Ami and Natalie were waving and giving her smiles. She smiled back.